Chapter Seventy-Five

Start from the beginning

"Oh, yeah," said Y/N, perking up. "I just got a letter from Alice yesterday. She and Frank are getting married in June, and they want us all to attend."

"They're getting married so early?" said James, flabbergasted. "But they're barely nineteen."

"Voldemort's getting stronger, James, and Frank didn't want to take any chances. He proposed right after they got off the Hogwarts Express this year."

"Hey, Frank never told me a thing!"

Y/N put her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrows. "Well, you didn't expect him to tell you, did you? You would've told the world already and spoil the whole surprise!"

"But he didn't seem at all excited when I went over his house on the first day of summer."

"Well, he's good at keeping his emotions in check, then. Which is more than I can say for you, by the way."

The whole Gryffindor common room watched with amusement as Y/N and James continued their little bicker. They were too used to these to even be affected by them; even the first years were starting to adapt to their little arguments.

"Do they always do this?" asked one first year to Sirius.

"Always," he corroborated, grinning at his best friends.

"Hey, Head Boy and Girl!" cried Kenneth, waving his hand. "Prefect meeting right now. Have you forgotten? You were the ones who set up the date."

"James, hurry up!" shouted Y/N anxiously.

She nearly dragged him all the way down to the Prefect Lounge, where nearly all the prefects were getting settled in and waiting for their Head Boy and Girl. Most of them smirked when they saw them come in with disheveled appearances.

"Sorry we're late," said James, flashing one of his heart-winning smiles that made all the girls sigh dreamily. "A bit preoccupied."

Regulus snorted in disbelief. Kenneth burst into the room, panting.

"Gee, you could've slowed down!" he said, and immediately seated himself next to Emmeline, who giggled.

"We have to decide on a Hogsmeade weekend," began Y/N, "so does anyone have any suggestions?"

Laura Smith's hand shot up at once. "I think it should be on Halloween."

"Anyone else with any suggestions?"

No one raised their hand.

"So is it unanimous, then?" said James questioningly.

Everyone nodded wordlessly, as they slowly raised up their hands dully.

"Why the long faces?" asked Y/N curiously. "You don't look so enthusiastic."

All the prefects, even Regulus, poured out their woe stories of too much O.W.L. homework, and for the sixth-year prefects, just homework in general.

"Ah, yes," said James sympathetically. "We know how you feel. We're taking our N.E.W.T.s this year. I remember my O.W.L.s very well."

"Were they hard?" asked Laura at once. "And what did you get?"

"No, they were not too hard, at least not to me at least. And I got fifteen O.W.L.s."

She gasped in surprise. "That's hardly possible."

"Well, I'm not joking. And Y/N got fifteen O.W.L.s herself."

"You weren't a prefect," pointed out Regulus, rolling his eyes. "How can you be Head Boy, then?"