The Silent Alpha: The Awakening - Chapter 1

The Silent Alpha 
The Awakening - Chapter 1

(c) Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

(??? POV)

To think that there was anything worth fighting for would be stupid here, but yet here he prevails. Thrashing, slashing, biting and growling. What a magnificent wolf he could be. His drive and passion burn more than the silver touching his skin. 

"Where is she?!" He shouts. He must be referring to the unconscious woman he was traveling with. He can't get an answer to that just yet, not until I figure out who she is. There was something off about that girl, and I was going to get to the bottom of it.

"Care to answer my questions first?" I say smoothly, allowing my Alpha power to pour into my simple question. Yet, it wasn't so simple, it was intended to be answered without fault. Failure to do so would result in death. "Listen, I know you don't want to die, who does right? But there's a girl that you want to get to. So help us and we'll help you, fair enough?"

The boy simply nodded and visibly relaxed his muscles to avoid being burned by the silver. I guess the past two hours of fighting us were finally getting to him. I looked into his brown eyes as he surrendered. All he did was stop fighting, good this boy can be civil.

"What's your name?" I asked I wanted a full profile of this guy. Hopefully, I can found out where his original pack is so we can send him back.

"Michael." 

"Full name, boy." I rolled my eyes at his reply. Just his first name? Who does he think he is?

"That's all you're getting," He said plainly, looking into my eyes as he did so. So he thinks he can challenge me huh? 

"I find it funny how I gave you instructions to answer my questions in order to live and yet you still can't control that mouth of yours," I said with a side grin and looked at his bloody face. My guards really pulled a number on him before bringing him to my integration room. "You know what, I'll let it go this once. Your full name would barely matter anyways." I said and walked a small circle around him.

"Why were you on my territory, Michael?" I asked him, wanting to seem calm and collected even though all I wanted was to rip his head off and go back to bed. No, but duty calls and this wolf just so happened to choose my territory randomly huh? I'm used to this by now. For years, men from Alphas to Rogues take their chance with me for my Alpha status. Whether it be through marriage or murder, they all want what I have because I'm a Female Alpha. Pathetic men.

"I was running. There are people trying to harm us. I was only seeking refugee because I don't have anywhere else to turn to," I listened not only to his words but to his heart. It remained steady. Either he was an amazing liar or he was telling the truth.

"Why were you running, Michael? What could've possibly happened to cause you to be running naked with an unconscious woman?" I'm not sure what it was, could it have been fear that I saw in his eyes? Remorse or even guilt? What did he do to cause him to make this decision? But this mystery wasn't meant for me to find out today because our meeting was interrupted by a knock on the door.

 I opened it to reveal my most trusted friend and chief of war, "Yes, Ray?"

"Alpha there's an important message for you in your office,"

"What level is this message Ray?" I said, doubt in my tone that this message was that important. Important enough for me to risk not getting these answers?

"It's a code blue, ma'am," Well damn, when it's not even a number then you know it's something serious. I nodded at him and signaled for him to wait outside the door. I turned back to Michael and saw that he was now laying on the floor, his sweatpants hanging low on his hips as he laid at a weird angle. 

"Well, you seem to be in luck, Michael. I have to go, be sure to get some rest. We'll be continuing this talk soon." I said, but he remained silent and as I stepped out of the room, I heard a light snore. "Ray be sure to throw him a blanket okay?" He nodded and we made our way up the stairs to my office. This message had better be something.

~*~

(Steven's POV ~ Tori's Dad) - [Two hours after Tori & Michael escaped]

The world felt like it ran out of oxygen, instantly turning my atmosphere into the endless pit of space. I looked up at Niklaus's direction, not seeing him or anything at all, and I could feel the sincerity in the air as he delivered me the news for the twelfth time. "What happened to my daughter?" I couldn't have heard him right. It had to have been because we were now in space. There were no waves to push the sound to my ears. His words seemed so useless.

"Steven, he can't keep repeating himself to you. You're blind, not deaf," Deaf? Like my daughter? Of course, she would want to say something like that at a time like this. "Tori has been taken and I think I have an idea why," I felt the air shift as attention went to my wife. Her voice slightly began to shake as pressure was visibly being put on her by our Alpha. "It most likely has something to do with the newcomers from a couple of weeks back, Alpha."

I remembered the men she was referring too. I remember when they came in here. One was tall and weighed roughly 250lbs, and the second man was shorter and roughly 175lbs. Those men were wolves no doubt and they claimed to have been related to Joyce. 

"Two men?" He asked, not wanting to believe her. Who would?

"Yes," She snapped, getting annoyed at being doubted, but she quickly pulled back. "Alpha," she added and I heard our Alpha breathe a deep sigh, he sounded tired. Joyce continued without hesitation. "Those two men claim to have been related to me, but they're not. One of them was familiar to me as well,"

"Mm? And who was that? One moment they're not farmialiar and then you know one of them?"

"I don't remember their names, but he was shorter than the other guy I guess,"

Niklaus scoffed and moved to the couch and sat, "I hope you have some type of proof Joyce," I can tell he was feeling tested, clearly this man meant something to him. 

"Alpha, I don't mean to upset you, but you came here for our help. All I want to do is help you find the answers you want. If you want to figure out where Tori was taken, you'll have to talk to that friend of yours," She said, and I heard Niklaus's heart skip a beat. I could sense that he heard the truth in her words but didn't want to believe it. Suddenly he stood with a speed that put me on my toes as well. Goddess I hope he wasn't going to attack her. But he surprised us both by just leaving out the door, without another word.

"I know you know what this means, Joyce," I said, finally releasing the pint up rage I've been hiding behind my shell of false astonishment. We needed him to go in the opposite direction for just a little while.

"Of course I do, Steven. What do you think we should do about this?" She said as she closed the front door. "I don't want to risk tracking her and have her location intercepted by that Italian man or Bello..." Bello Peterson, former Luna of this pack, and the greatest love of my life. I shook my head. If she was here, looking for Tori, then we have to act fast. 

"We can't risk her finding Tori first either. I can only imagine what she could do to her in this state," Bello has wanted Tori for years, and since Tori has been in hiding we have had to suppress who she truly is to protect her. If Bello found her now, she could take everything I've worked to protect. 

Joyce sighed, "I know Steven, I know. I'll grab Kristen and we'll figure out something."

Yeah, and I hope it was fast because the clock was now ticking on how long the world would remain in balance.

__________________________________

[ a u t h o r ' s    n o t e ] 

Hey everyone, I'm so glad that chapter 1 of The Awakening is here for your enjoyment. Please feel free to comment and tell me what you think and how this could be better! I'm always looking for improvement in my writing. But tell me, what's your favorite part of the sequel so far? I know it's just gotten started so it's probably too early to say! I know this may be moving pretty slow, but I've found that natural reveals and plot twist are better that way. NATURAL. So I may be a little slow these next couple chappies in the pacing department.

Forgive me! I love you all and I hope you have some happy reading friends!