The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 5

© Copyright All Rights Reserved

The Silent Alpha

Chapter 5

Tori's POV

What the hell just happened? What was I seeing, is that a man or a monster? Why is it naked or kind of naked? And why did he remind me so much of the man I saw in my living room this evening? Was it him? The creature had the same hair and facial structure, but I have never seen anything with glowing golden eyes, fang-like teeth, and curled fingers with even longer claws attached. This thing... looked like an old Hollywood Werewolf from Michael Jackson's Thriller music video.

My gaze looked over at the non-moving Michael across the street, but I was too afraid to run over to help him. I felt that if I moved, I was next. What if this... thing... hurt Michael really badly? I couldn't just stand here and do nothing! 

I took a small step back, towards the front door. If I could just ring the doorbell. Maybe, just maybe Richard would come out to help us. I couldn't believe what was happening, how could monsters really exist? And why would it want to hurt us? 

I took another step, but this time, the creature noticed and took a huge stride in my direction. My heart raced faster than I'd ever felt in my entire life. Oh my goodness, I'm going to die. I felt tears build in my eyes, this was unreal. I just kissed Michael, the man I've been having feelings for since the first moment I laid eyes on him three months ago, and now it's all going to be over after our first kiss. I can't freaking believe this.

Fuck this. I'm going to run to the door. If the monster catches me and kills me then so be it. I have to get someone out here to help us. When the monster took another step toward me, I leaped back, just a few steps away from the door. I turned and ran at full speed to the door. Once my back turned away from the monster, one of my worst fears settled into my body, not knowing exactly how close or how far the danger was from me. I assumed this creature was faster, and I knew it was strong. Michael not only stood over six feet tall, but he was a defensive player on our school's Football team, so even though I didn't know how much he weighed, I knew he was a heavy man; and even he was flung nearly 25 feet away like he was a paper ball. I'm sure, no, I know, I would be crushed the moment that thing touched me.

Thankfully, it didn't. At least not before I was able to ring the doorbell twice. Then I felt it. A tight, clawed, electric hand wrapped around my arm. It pulled me away from the door and towards its bloody body, was this Michael's blood? I looked up at the monster's face and eyes, and even though it didn't immediately kill me, I had an odd familiarity in its arms. Why? Why would I know this thing? But that didn't stop the reality of the situation. This thing wants to kill me, I just know it. I screamed, as loud as I could. I didn't know if I was even doing it right, but I felt the strong pulsing vibration of the sound wave leaving my throat. For years, I practice pushing air and sound out of my mouth and ensuring that it was working by using a lit candle. If the candle blow out, my voice was too loud, if it didn't move at all. My voice was too low, but if it remained and only slightly moved, then I was speaking normally.

But right now, to ensure that someone heard me. I needed to not only blow out the candle, but I also needed to shatter every glass and window around me. And oddly, that's what I did. I screamed so loud into the monster's face that it reared back and covered its pointed ears. Its mouth opened in agony, revealing its long fang-like teeth. When the monster fell back far enough, I stopped screaming and ran across the street to Michael. 

Michael was on the floor, unconscious and with blood leaking from his ears. Oh God no, was that from me? At that moment, I looked around and noticed that every house on the block was missing its windows. Glass littered the ground and covered Michael's body. Oh no... I did this. I don't know how... How could I have? I couldn't keep thinking about this. I looked over at Michael quickly and carefully.