The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 16

The Silent Alpha

Chapter 16

© Copyright All Rights Reserved

I felt like I was on fire, my whole body was burning. I felt like every vein that was in my body was going to burst. What the hell happened? Why was I still here? Oh shit, Tori! I got up and looked through the darkening night. The sun was setting. Did she get away? Was she alright? Oh Goddess, please let her be alright.

I got up from the ground, still in wolf form. How...? I opened my eyes in realization, that woman. Who was she? She looked so familiar yet... so different. One minute I was fighting two wolves and next I get knocked out by a woman with the swipe of her hand. How was Tori? Did she make it? I started to feel as though I had failed her, I hadn't gone with her. I began to make my way towards the pack house; I started off in a run. The thoughts of the woman that had stood in front of me wouldn't leave my mind.

Her eyes are what surprised me, it was what had frightened me about her, but even though I feared her, I couldn't bring myself to fight her. Though, there were other things about this woman that stood out to me; her hair, and the paleness of her skin... Who was she? I ran with all of my might as I thought about Tori and her safety because for some reason I had a really bad feeling about this woman.

~*~

"Nick, you need rest. Please go to sleep the plane will be landing soon." It was three hours to be exact. "You have a big day coming soon." And did he think that I didn't know that? He didn't think that I knew that I was going to be having Werewolves from all over the world that'd want me as an ally with their pack? I nod at him, but I still don't sleep. I just lay there with my eyes closed to make him think that I was sleeping. Though, I doubt that he believed it and the sad thing is... I didn't care.

My mind constantly went back to Tori and what I did to her. Why? Why did I do that? How could it be possible that she was my sister when she's my mate? It's not that it was uncommon for siblings to be mates, but it never really happened for one to believe that it was true. And how could it be that she was my sister when she is only sixteen years old? This isn't right! My mother has been dead for decades now... It was right. I began to drift off into the mist of sleep, thinking about just how wrong it was.

My senses were on high alert; I was at home, in my bed. I had gotten woken up out of a deep slumber. I got up from my bed and began to move towards the door. I was getting a feeling of pure anger as I walked closer to the door. The urge to kill was growing stronger.

"Mother," I said, as I walked into the library that she buried herself in. She never seemed to leave this place. But instead of being greeted by my mother, there was a man there instead, Steven. He was at my father's desk occupied by something... What was he doing in the pack house so late? As I took another step closer, I heard moaning. It was a sharp, smooth sound that made my stomach flip. Who the hell...?

Mine scratched at my brain in anger of my stupidity, how could I have not noticed sooner? The way that they looked at each other when no one was looking, the way that they always whispered in one another's ears as though they were high school sweethearts. And now, I'm standing here, witnessing my mother lay underneath another man moaning and screaming his name... She didn't even have the courtesy to wait until my father wasn't in the house.

I didn't even know that I was speaking out loud until Steven flew away from my mother's body, pulling his trousers up as he moved away in panic. My mother sat up from laying on the desk, pulling her dress down. They both looked at me, Steven in panic and my mother in relief. Relief? Why would she be relieved of me witnessing her unfaithfulness to my father?