The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 17

The Silent Alpha

Chapter 17

© Copyright All Rights Reserved

(Niklaus's POV)

I didn't know what it was about this man that stood in front of me, but something about him seemed familiar... As if I knew him from somewhere, but not once in my life had I ever met this man and he called me, "my son," even though it might be a way that he talks to everyone, it seemed to me that he took more pride when he said it this time. I looked down at my hands as we walked to a black truck that sat not too far away from the jet.

"This has been my home for centuries and I still can't get over the amazing beauty of it all." Alpha Alexander said and he was right. Even though I hadn't been here in nearly 200 years it was nice to see the familiar beauty of my old home. I smiled and nodded, the need to talk to this man was very slim. I looked over at Deo and saw that he was silent as well, looking straight ahead. I looked over at Alpha Alexander; he was slightly taller than I was, maybe an inch or two, but there was something about him that stood out to me.

"Are you feeling alright, Alpha Alexander?" I asked, I don't know where the sudden need to know, or care, came from, but I couldn't help it. The question just flowed out of me. He looked over at me and grinned, something passed through his eyes at that moment that I couldn't identify. It went as quickly as it came.

"Please call me Alexander,"

I nodded, "Then please refer to me as Niklaus," I said with a small smile. I looked away, Alexander opened the car door. Deo entered first, still silent, then me and lastly, Alexander. He beckoned the driver to proceed to the pack house.

"Maybe within the next few days that you are here, Niklaus, you can have a tour of Italy," Alexander said I looked over at him. Why would I want a tour of my homeland? I knew that I haven't been here in years, but the memory of home was slowly coming back. I remembered the roads that held markets and tents of men and women who sold wonderful fruit. I smiled at the memory.

"I remember quite a bit of Italy, Alexander, but thank you for the offer." Alexander looked over at me and nodded, he seemed to be thinking and it was that look that his face carried that made him seem all the more familiar to me.

"I understand, but there is one place that I know you would want to see." And what would that be? I wanted to ask, but before Alexander could give the driver a command, Amadeo stepped in. I couldn't have wanted to give my friend the biggest hug in my life.

"Alfa, penso che sia meglio non," Amadeo whispers, I was extremely grateful that he told his Alpha that he thinks it's not the best thing to do right now. I grinned at Amadeo. Alexander, on the other hand, looked angry, as if the thought of ripping out Amadeo's throat wasn't a new thing that processed in his mind. I frowned at that, so I decided to defend my friend. In the most respectful way, I possibly could.

"He is right; there are only seventeen hours until the meeting. I would like to rest and freshen up." I said calmly. Alexander removed his hateful look from Amadeo and looked at me, calmly. He nodded and looked straight ahead.

"You are right, Niklaus. You have a big day coming up; I could only imagine the amount of desperation that will be in my pack house the moment that you enter the room." He said, and mentally I couldn't help but agree.

~*~

(Amadeo's POV)

Our ride in the car was awkward and silent, making me want to talk but having nothing to talk about. I shook my head in relief as we exited the car. How interesting is my Alpha to make something that was already weird even weirder? Yeah, that's Nick's Dad alright! They are so much alike that it's not even funny. But part of me feels bad for my Alpha, after centuries of trying to find his son he can't even have a decent conversation with him. I shook my head at that, and Niklaus (don't even get me started on him) he would just sit there and speak a few words then go mute. What the hell was that all about? Why didn't he at least try to talk to Alpha? And because of Nick's silence, I was getting yelled at through the pack bond.