The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 8

The Silent Alpha

*Edited, but not revised*

Chapter 8

© Copyright All Rights Reserved

Niklaus POV

Anger was the only thing that pulsed through me. I knew that she had run away from me. But I didn't want to believe it! Why would she do that? She was my mate! And I had known that that man hadn't told her that she was going to come live with me. Did he? Is that why she ran away? Was it the thought of being with me that hard to live with?

"Alpha, we have a trail on her scent." My Beta said, holding eye contact with me. Snapping me out of my daze, I was too busy going one-hundred miles an hour a thought that I hadn't picked it up.

I nodded to him, "Good. Let's go get her." But before we had made it even a step further, he stopped me. Putting his hand on my shoulder, he continued to look me in the eye. I knew that he wasn't challenging me. He was an excellent Beta, and friend. But he was always respectful and knew his place.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Of course I am," I said a little too harshly, nearly snapping at him, I knew that he had good intentions in wanting to make sure that I was fine, but it wasn't his business. I knew that I had started off pretty bad with my mate, but was it that bad to where she'd want to run away from me?

You did turn her friend against his will, and you're going to be forcing her to live with us. My wolf said what the hell?

Since when do you want to be the one that's warm-hearted and understanding? I asked, amazed at his sudden change in thought.

I'm not, it's just while you were in her mind I got to peak around too... I shook my head as he drifted off, he may be saying that now, but later on, when it all is sinking in, he'll be as pissed as I am.

"I know that it isn't my place, Alpha, but you did turn her friend, and you are going to take her away from her family." Did my wolf tell him that? How the hell did he know what I was thinking? Or was I just that oblivious that everyone knew?

"I would barely call them that! They treated her as if she was nothing but a body that took up space! Her own father, who is blind—"

"Even learned her language to communicate with her, I know. But I wanted to tell you to look through her eyes and see how she's feeling. Because knowing you, you will be angry at the moment you see her—"

"And how in the hell would you know how I will feel when we find her?" I shouted, his intentions were good, he was my friend. I know that he meant well, but he was on the verge of getting his throat ripped out. I had waited too many years for my other half; I wouldn't hurt her just because of a misunderstanding!

"Because I know you, I know how you are, and I know what you do. You are a great Alpha, and I know that you will be a great mate, but all I'm saying is that you have to keep your temper together when you see her. Ok?"

Though, I felt angry and shocked. I had to admit that he was right. I do have a bad temper, I always have. I couldn't let that get the best of me. I nodded, watching him turn around and head into the trees, following my mate's scent. I, then, decided to get my wolf in check, I wasn't going to let him get out of control. Even if he was slightly understanding.

I sighed, Stay down.

She will never run away again. She is ours! His demanding nature and anger seemed to rail me up still. We wanted her... No! I'm not going to let my wolf and his bipolar ass confuse me.