The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 10

• Dedicated to My Werewolf Guidance Counselors who helped inspire me for the chapter! Thanks!

The Silent Alpha
Chapter 10
© Copyright All Rights Reserved

Tori's POV

I couldn't stop the tears from flowing, I was a murderer. After all of the questions that I had been asked... It all finally sunk in. I was a killer. I killed that man, but I had a reason! He was going to do things for me! He was going to touch me without my permission. Hell, he already did! I was so hurt and tired of the bullshit. At the moment that I had needed comfort from the man that I had been looking for ever since I got here, I found him, and then he rejected me by turning his back on me. All of a sudden he was in my room, interpreting for me? I mean, it was nice to talk to him... Even if he was only talking to me to help this man that was holding me...

That's when I realized what I was doing; I was letting the man that had hurt the man that I loved hold me. The familiar electric shock flowed through my body, I gasped. I pulled away from him, looking into his concerned eyes. Why was he doing this? Why was he being so nice to me?

It was only a few moments ago that he was scolding me for killing one of his men and now... now he was holding me and... caring? Maybe it took for him to hear what it was that I was going through to understand why I did it.

"I would like... show you something." He said that was strange, was he really going to take me on another adventure around the house after what I did? He must've noticed my hesitation, which I made no attempt in hiding because he immediately began to explain what it is that he meant. "I want...take you to my memories." His memories...? How is that possible? He smiled, seeing the curiosity that even a blind man would notice. "It...a perk of being a werewolf."

He held out his hands to me, I looked at them and then back up at him. Should I do it? What was he going to do to me exactly? But the look in his eyes said everything, hope. Hope that I could trust him, hope that I could one day see that he wasn't a monster... but a man, a werewolf, a mate... my mate. I nodded, giving him my hands. He smiled, bringing his head down to mine. For a moment I thought that he was going to kiss me, my body tensed up, but he didn't. He softly put his forehead to mine. It was then that everything went blank; brightness consumed my sight until there was nothing that I could do... but watch.

~*~

The young boy played in the burning sun with another, running around a pile of leaves and sticks. It was all that they had, all that they needed. A woman stood nearby giggling to herself as she watched the boy. "Attento o ti viaggio oltre che stick!" she said, Careful and don't trip over the stick! Is what the woman had said to the young boys.

"But Mama, I am! It is not my fault that Amadeo can't run fast enough." The young boy shouted as he run faster and faster from the boy that he made fun of, Amadeo. The boy laughed as did his mother.

"You can't run forever, Niklaus! I'll catch you someday!" Amadeo said, and Niklaus laughed in return.

"Come on, it is almost time to go eat. Deo, where is your mother?" The woman asked, she was concerned about Deo (their nickname for him), he was always alone when she saw him and whenever she wanted to meet his mother he always declines the offer saying, "She is ill" or "She is out with Papa." But after months of the same answers she stopped asking, but always brought it up every once in a while.

Deo looked at her in fear, conflict running through his mind. There was something that he wanted to tell her, but it was too hard for him to even bear himself. So, he did what he always did, he answered her with as much truth as he could give, wanting her to believe every word of what he said, "She said that she will call for me when Papa wasn't so angry anymore... They have been fighting a lot lately." The mother nodded.