The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 13

The Silent Alpha
Chapter 13
© Copyright All Rights Reserved

Niklaus's POV

Who the hell did this guy think he was coming onto my territory and—running through a field of sticks and leaves, laughing as I outran him— I felt as though I couldn't breathe. He was there, just sitting... staring at me. My brother, the boy that I thought was long gone. Hell, I thought that he was dead. At least that is what my mother has told me. And for a fraction of a second, I was going to convince myself that this wasn't who I thought that it was, but I couldn't deny the bond that was forming between us... as if it never faded. His eyes are what I recognized first aside from the sudden memory, but they were different now. They knew more.

I couldn't bring myself to speak anything, but one word. "How?" My mind was fully set on what I have known all my life about him. About what my mother had told me about my friend... my brother, Deo.

~*~

I looked up to my Mama, I was confused. We were on a boat. We were leaving our home, and even though I knew why, I couldn't bring myself to understand why I felt as though I was leaving something behind... Was it a toy? A note? What was it? I tapped my Mama, "Mama, I don't feel right." I say, she looks down at me. A smile small and sad appears upon her face.

"Maybe you should go and lay down, my son."

"But Mama, I am not sleepy. I feel as though I have left something important behind, but I know that it is too late to go back and get it." And I was right; the boat was miles away from shore.

Mama got down to her knees and looked me in my eyes, smiling lightly. "It is your friend, Amadeo. You two were almost like brothers. Inspirable almost unbreakable."

I felt tears come to my eyes if he meant that much to me If we were brothers the way that my mother says that we were then why did I leave him? Why don't I remember him? Why does it hurt so much? "Allora perché non è qui?" I asked my mother, I wanted to know why he wasn't here. But my mother looked into my eyes, tears forming in her own.

She kissed me on the forehead. When she pulled away she looked into my eyes. "Because he is dead, my sweet son. He died before we could bring him."

My heart broke. My heart shattered, for the boy that was my brother. For the boy, I didn't remember.

~*~

"That wasn't the first word I thought I'd hear you say after all these years," Amadeo said, a familiar grin came to his face. I looked at him shock; I'm starting to remember him now. I remember us playing in leaves, chasing one another. I remember him being the slowest. I smile; I make my way to him. I take him into a huge embrace, it doesn't matter to me if my mother lied to me, or that my best friend was still alive after two hundred years, but the fact that he was here. I felt tears form in my eyes.

"I've missed you, you slow ass son of a bitch!" I said through my joyful tears. I felt him laugh.

"Hey, I've gotten faster!" He snapped sarcastically as we pulled away. We looked at each other.

Someone in the room groaned, "Are you two going to kiss or what?" I glared at a man that was sitting near Kristen. I opened my mouth to dismiss him from my land when Deo tapped my shoulder.

"Don't mind him, Nick! He's a natural ass, but he is my friend and his name is Aldo. Please, excuse his ugliness." I laugh, it seems as though it was forever since I had really laughed. It felt good.