The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 14

The Silent Alpha
Chapter 14
© Copyright All Rights Reserved

Niklaus's POV

My laughter was the hardest to contain, I couldn't believe that after all these years of living that I couldn't remember him. He was amazing! Endless amount of humor and a killer at making pancakes. "What did you say that you did to these pancakes?" I asked, through a mouthful of pancakes and laughter. I surprisingly only choked twice.

"I said that I put my foot in it!" Deo said, taking a bit out of his food. I have never in my life heard that before. I might use that one day, I looked at the time. 3:56 pm. Damn! We've been eating pancakes since ten o'clock this morning. Time seems to go by at an unbelievable pace when you're with an old friend. I had work to do, I sighed. Alpha business is not something that you can just leave hanging around forever. I looked up at Deo and smiled; I was going to speak but it was soon brought to a complete stop. My mind went blank and my heart skipped a beat.

Victoria walked into the kitchen. Her beauty stunned me every time I saw her. A smile came to my face. She has been here with me for almost a month now and Deo has been here for nearly a week. Things were finally starting to seem better, I was happier than I had ever been. Tori and I weren't fighting anymore about anything! She still taught me new signs and I still sucked at learning them.

Tori walked over to me, giving me a hug. Our relationship hasn't really... gotten to the kissing stage yet. I mean, we kiss, but its little kisses. As if we are high school sweethearts or something. I don't know, all I do know is that my wolf is losing patience with the whole innocent couple stuff. But nevertheless, I still love her. I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Her cheeks turn slightly pink, I grin. She waves at Deo, he smiles back at her with his mouth full of food. She turns to me.

"What are you two eating?" She asked. She still has to sign slowly for me, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I look down at my plate of food; I pulled her onto my lap and I grabbed my fork and offered her a bite. She looks at me and eats the food off of my fork. She chews the food in delight, her eyes closed and nodding her head. "Delicious." She signed. It's clear that she loves pancakes. I smile at her.

"Deo made them," I signed, she looks at Deo and gives him a thumbs up. He smiles at her, bowing his head slightly. I tap her shoulder getting all of her attention on me, "And he put his foot in it." That made her stop chewing, I laughed. Her face said it all, what did he put in this? I shook my head as she hopped off my lap and ran out of the kitchen. Deo looked after her.

"What? She didn't like them that much?" Deo asked, looking hurt.

"I told her that you put your foot in them." He laughed.

"I didn't really do that! It's just an expression." After he was done with his food and I was done laughing at the memory of Victoria's face. I stood up, getting ready to leave the room and go to work in my office, "Hey, can I talk to you before you go?" Deo called as I was leaving the kitchen.

"Really? We've been talking all day!"

Deo nodded. That was true, we were mainly catching up on all of the time that we have missed in our lives with one another. "But this is important," Oh Moon Goddess... Is he going to say that he's leaving?

"Well, what is it?"

Deo took a deep breath, he looked at me. "It's about Tori, your mate." That took me by surprise. Where did that come from? And what was it that he would want to talk to me about her for?