The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 7

The Silent Alpha

*Edited, but not revised*

© Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 7

Tori's POV

I felt it before I even opened my eyes, the presence of everyone around me. I wanted to stay like this forever; silent and unmoving. To not have a care in the world, to be asleep forever, but with sleep came being vulnerable and the simple thought of that made me cringe. I decided to continue to lay there though, not asleep but not awake, and I thought, but I didn't understand what that man had said to me. In my mind I was confused, but in my heart, I knew that he was right to the words that he spoke, he wasn't lying when he said those things. I don't know how I knew, but I did. Though, it still made no sense first, about werewolves and Michael...

Michael.

Where was he now? Was he alright? Suddenly, I remembered that man saying something about turning him... Turned him into what? How were things like this even real? And even though I knew that that man wasn't lying, I still didn't understand it.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I didn't want to open my eyes at all. Did it matter if I did? But I had so many questions... So many things that didn't seem right, I wanted answers. And apparently, the only person that was going to give it to me was my dad. So, I made my final decision there, I was going to open my eyes.

And I did. I saw my dad first; he was looking down at me as if he was examining me. My sister, standing not too far behind him, looking away the moment I made eye contact with her. And my mother, she was nowhere to be found. In its own way, it hurt. My heart, I mean. My mom wasn't there, and I was pretty sure that she knew about my state. I was nearly killed for God's sake!

I sat up, slowly, only because my dad was supporting me. I was studying his face, my mind going to the different possibilities of things that I would have to talk to him about. The first thing that came to my mind was if what that man told me was true, I mean really true! I mean, come on! Werewolves, that's fiction. It's for the books, not here, the real world. It felt like it was a joke, you know. And maybe it the denial talking, but... What person in their right mind would make that as an excuse to explain that what they did was right? But then again, I didn't feel as if I could've just imagined that man turning into a crazy monster that wanted to kill Michael and me.

I wasn't even sure that I was that creative to picture the man that almost killed me, and make him a voice. I'm deaf! There's a minimal amount of sound that I can remember. But when that man spoke to me in my dream, there seemed to be an interpreter in the background. And I didn't need to talk to him. All I had to do was think, and he understood me. Aha! I wish talking to hearing people was that easy.

My mind was pulled back from the constant babbling when my dad started signing, "Are you okay?" I studied his face again; he used all the facial expressions he could to show me that he was more concerned.

I put my hand in his and responded, "I'm fine... but I think that we need to talk to Dad." He looked worried, I watched his chest rise and fall slowly.

"Yes, we do." He sat back and pulled me up so that now I was sitting on the couch comfortably but still able to see him. "You had a dream." Wait, how did he know that? "I know that you are confused, Sweetheart, but you need to pay close attention, so I'm going to tell you ok?"

I grabbed my Dad's hand and told him yes. Part of me didn't want to listen to him. I wished to run upstairs and not come back down, but I knew that that wasn't going to do me any good. So, I decided to stay and watch, honestly in a dream where I could hear voices and my best friend was attacked by some monster... My Dad couldn't say anything that was going to surprise me.