The Silent Alpha - The Awakening: Prologue

The Silent Alpha (Part 2)
The Awakening: Prologue

(c) Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

(Michael's POV)

I couldn't believe what my life was at this moment. 

Tori, my best friend, my everything. She lays before me now, her light breaths making her chest move up and down slowly. It was so hard to tell, but my new werewolf eyes are like no other. Even the slightest movement could show me that she was breathing, and that was enough for me to calm down. 

I look at her neck and see the bite mark that tainted her beautiful skin. That bastard. I felt the anger in me reflame as I thought but Niklaus, the one who turned me, and of what he did to Tori. How could he do this? Why would he want this life for her? A life of being a monster. She was too pure for this life, she didn't deserve this.

Through my silent rage, I looked up at the night sky. It has been seven hours since I ran from the pack house. I looked at the dried blood on my hands. It has been seven hours since I killed a man for a heartbeat I swore was absent. Tori's heartbeat was absent. But I didn't hear it before I ripped his heart from his chest. I didn't care actually. All I wanted was Niklaus, and I took his Beta instead. The sound of the Beta's daughter screaming rang through my mind like an alarm. 

"No, no, no..." I whispered. This can't be happening to me, am I going insane? Is this what it feels like to kill someone? I had never done that before, my stomach turned at the thought. Why was it so easy for me to do that?

'Because we're monsters.' Ricky, my wolf, whispered. 

I believed him, but the only thing that had to matter to me more than anything was Tori at this moment. No time to dwell on my actions, I have to figure out what to do next. I focused my eyes on the darkness surrounding us, I needed to get us to a safe place. I'm sure Niklaus has men looking for me already. But I knew that we were no longer on our pack territory, and hopefully, that should slow him down a bit from catching us. 

I have to be careful and conceal my presence as best as possible. The last thing I need is to be caught by warriors from this territory and killed. My breathing was beginning to get heavier, I've never run for so long in my life. I needed to slow down and breathe or we wouldn't be able to go any further. I spotted a small flat patch of dirt in between two oak trees among the forest and laid Tori down on her back in the dirt. At least it wasn't mud or else she'd definitely have a heart attack.

I smiled at the memories of my best friend, and how simple our lives were before all of this Werewolf shit happened. I barely had time to enjoy the positive thoughts when I felt a gust of wind hit my body and I shivered. Gosh, I can only imagine what it's doing to her. I moved Tori's body to the side and began to dig. A small trench of some kind should shield her from this breeze. At least it would temporarily until I was ready to run again. 

I softly picked up her limp figure and placed her into the trench. It seemed warm there without the wind hitting her. I breathed lightly, I needed to rest. Sleep has evaded my life the moment the woman in the black silk gown appeared before me just days ago. I have yet to feel easy since her appearance. I slide beside Tori and wrap my arms around her. I feel my warmth on her skin, she is so cold. How can I make this better? I have to do more than this...

Through my thoughts and scattered planning, a branch broke from above and its echo traveled through the strong wind that carried it. There was someone here, up in the air. I remained motionless and held my breath. I began to search for foreign smells, heartbeats, anything that would be of danger to us. Great, I've only been a Werewolf for a couple of months and now I have to manage to be a professional warrior in minutes.

'You're not that weak, you killed a Beta. That's something.' Ricky huffed in a monotoned voice. 

'That's not something I'm proud of,' I snapped back, and he immediately began to retreat, laying his head down and seeming to go to sleep. I knew he wasn't. I have to figure out what to do. I decided to refocus on my task and concentrate as best as I could and all I could hear was the wind. Its powerful push ripped leaves from steams and could carry the smallest sounds to the sharpest ears. And that it did, three heartbeats, all moving at an abnormally slow pace. 

They are trying to conceal their presence and surround me. These are most likely patrols, I remembered the lessons I received after being turned regarding Pack rankings and duties. Patrols, simply do as their names say, they patrol the border on a frequent basis for Rogues and runaways. They do not engage in combat without a high ranked wolf present. This would be my chance to run. They wouldn't fight me and I've rested long enough. I looked at Tori's beautiful face, so strong and pale, her lips managing to remain pink even with this freezing wind.

I scooped Tori up and began to run. I couldn't turn back because I was sure Niklaus would have men waiting at the border of the territory; yet if I went any further into this territory I could risk being caught by a high ranking wolf that would easily kill me.

Fuck, fuck, fuck... what do I do? I ran north, staying on this Pack's territory, but close enough to the outside perimeter to cause assumption that I'd be leaving. I just needed us to get away safely... I needed her to wake up!

I felt tears frighten to burn my cheeks as I ran. My body felt as though it was on fire. Even though I rested, it wasn't enough, the strength I had wasn't enough. But I couldn't fall... I wouldn't fall. I have to keep going. But my legs caved in and my body wouldn't move, I was able to turn my body in just enough time to avoid landing on top on Tori. I turned my head slightly and saw a figure approaching me, and they moved their weapon beyond their back. 

"I'll take that," The male voice said and removed something from my back. That's probably what caused my strength to give out so suddenly. "Don't worry too much. If you answer our questions, you won't die, Rogue,"

"Not. Rogue." I pushed out,  trying to turn half of my face out of the dirt it was molded into.

"Yeah, yeah. That's what they all say," He said and began to move Tori onto her back. "Care to explain why you're running around with an unconscious woman?"

"Don. Touch." My rage bubbling up at the sight of him touching her. My rage heightened as I noticed more wolves approaching us. Fuck, fuck, fuck...

The man tsked, "If I were you, I'd save that energy. My Alpha is going to be very interested in why she shouldn't kill you for breaching our territory," He came closer to me and kneeled near my face. At that moment, I got a very clear look at him. Dark hair, starling grey eyes, and a scar that traveled from his right eyebrow to his lip. 

The scar on his lip curled as he grinned at me. I had never seen should a grin.

______________________________________________________

~[a u t h o r ' s   n o t e]~

Oh my, can you believe it? Part 2 of The Silent Alpha has finally gotten here and I couldn't be more excited about it! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and that you stuck around with me through Part 2. A lot of loose ends will be resolved and new adventures will be born here! Thank you for your support and if you wanna stick around and be my friend and be my homie, you can follow me for frequent news and updates on my works! 

P.S. If you so happen to have some spare time, you should check out my story, The Alpha's Heir and let me know what you think!