purple: stenbrough

stranger things killed me okay moving on

tw ! physical abuse

bill's p.o.v:

purple had always been my favourite colour. every shade of the delicate shade: plum, violet, orchid, amethyst, lavender hues. from the moment i learned to speak, i was babbling about how i wanted my room painted the darkest of purples to compliment my dreamy soft lilac comforters. i had always cherished the colour, in every form and on absolutely anything.

except for stanley. i had never liked purple on him.

i discovered this one day upon shutting my locker, grateful to have been going off to high school the following year when my crummy elementary school locker could barely shut on its old rusty hinges, and turned to look to the side. i watched an unfamiliar figure stumble into the upstairs hallway, their head hung low. they were dressed in loose black sweats and a baggy black sweatshirt. i couldn't help but think they must've been burning up in the roasting end of june heat.

" whoa, who died?" richie snorted, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose with one of his lanky index fingers. eddie huffed, nudging richie in the waist rather harshly, as he smiled softly at the figure. i frowned, watching the figure dressed in black ignore the pair and step up to the locker beside me, only raising their head a fraction to fumble with their lock. i was about to tell them that they must've had the wrong locker as the one beside mine was my friend stanley's when-

" st-stanley?" i squawked, completely baffled. how had i not recognized him. sure he never ever worn baggy clothes or sweatpants or sweaters or black, but i was still upset with myself for not having been able to distinguish his figure. i heard him mumble the most inaudible of hello's as he pulled open his rusted locker. he kept his head low as he pushed his backpack inside, simply grabbing his required binder and pencil case.

" everything okay stanny?" eddie asked softly, stepping up to stan's other side and setting a small tan hand on his shoulder. richie stepped up beside him too, although he just pulled down stan's hood, causing the young boy to gasp and raise his head up in surprise. eddie huffed " richie!" he cried, astounded by his tall friends actions. " stop it!"

" w-whoa." i breathed out, catching both richie and eddie's attention. stan's honeycomb eyes widened, as he took a moment to look at all of us fearfully. eddie gasped quietly, reaching up and grasping the front of richie's shirt to ground himself. richie's motormouth fell agape, for once silent.

a large amethyst ring encircled stan's left eye, the actual eye itself swollen shut. i frowned, my brows furrowing together in worry, as i slowly reached up towards his face to touch to blemish. when my hand got close stan cowerd away, and i immediately withdrew my hand, blushing at how weird i must've seemed. " h-h-how'd you g-get it?" i asked softly, looking at his scared eyes, which were by then on his feet. he shifted awkwardly in his white shoes.

" don't tell me ya got it in a fight staniel." richie said in the shittiest scottish accent i'd ever heard, clapping the younger hard on the back. " didn't think you had in ya-"

" i didn't get it in a fight." stan grumbled, gripping his binder so hard in his fists that his knuckles went nearly translucent. " i-uh-got h-hit in the face with a baseball on the w-way to school?" he said, his words hinting that it was more like a question than an answer. richie cocked a questioning brow at the honeycomb hued boy, eddie gently setting his palm on stan's arm. i stayed where i was.

" a baseball? who's out playing baseball at 8:00 in the morning?" richie snickered, eddie stan and i all shooting him sharp glares which made him bite his lip and shut it. in all honesty i didn't really care how stan got hurt. i just wanted him to feel better.