Lies: Reddie

VERY IMPORTANT:
please please please, i started writing this book over a year ago. some of my old oneshots are hoRribly written and have horrendous plots. so PLEASE skip until some of my later works. i think the shots when i stop using uppercase letters are a lot more well written ( you can tell if they're in lowercase based on the titles! )so i'd recommend reading those first!

tw ! parental abuse

Richies P.O.V:
" You're gonna be late." My dad said, slurring his words. He waved lazily at me with a half empty beer bottle in his hand. I rolled my eyes, deciding I'd finish tying my laces once I was outside. I walked towards the front door, reaching out to grab the handle when my mom stepped in front of me. She looked normal: dark circles under her eyes, tattered hair, a hand on her head trying to diminish her head splitting headache. What a drunk. I thought, looking her up and down.

" Be good today. And you better not skip any classes." She said, pointing an accusing finger at me. I rolled my eyes again.

" Bye mom." I said, pushing past her.

" Richard Tozier, get back here right now!" She yelled from the porch as I mounted my bike.

" It's Richie!" I said as I peddled hard out of the drive and away from my broken home. As the cold November winds hit my face, I tried to erase any memories of this morning from my thoughts. I didn't like thinking about my parents while I was at school: it took away from my fun personality, which was pretty much the only thing my friends liked about me. And that's saying something, because they don't like me much. The truth is, I was two very different people at home and at school. At school: I was loud, always cracking jokes, making my friends laugh. Whereas at home, I was quiet and hid away in my room while my parents got drunk. I'd slip on my headphones, blasting Queen from my Walkman and drowning out the yells and sounds of shattered bottles from downstairs. I hid away: and I much as I didn't want to admit it, it was tough. I began wondering how long until it would break me.
I pulled up outside the school, parking my bike and not bothering to chain it up since I knew Bowers would find some way to throw it in the ditch halfway down the road anyways. I pushed open the heavy metal doors, walking tiredly down the hall. I rubbed my sore eyes, beginning to wonder if I'd slept at all last night: they were louder then usual, that's for sure. The rest was a blur, I probably dozed off a few times. I groaned when the loud bell rung, meaning I had exactly two minutes to get to class before my history teacher would kill me. I closed my locker, jumping when a familiar face was looking at me from behind it. Eddie Kaspbrack, possibly the shortest person in the world. And the most adorable. Eddie and I had kissed a few times: made out by the quarry, in the bathroom. We hadn't exactly talked about it much, since I'm not the best with serious discussions. I was happy, he was happy: that's what mattered. " Hey shortstack." I said, trying to hide the grogginess from my voice.

" Don't call me that." He said as we walked towards history. He had it too. " Why're you so tired?" He asked timidly. I rolled my eyes. Of course he picked up on that.

" Didn't sleep much. Too many wet dreams." I said, playing it off as a joke. Like usual. Eddie scoffed, visibly rolling his eyes at me. " What?" I said, faking an airy laugh and nudging him in the ribs. He scoffed again, pushing me away. Although he was smiling now.

" You're gross." He said. I genuinely laughed now. Eddies the only one who could make me laugh when my life sucked this much.
" and you often make out with me." I stated. He grimaced, sticking out his tongue cutely.

" Ew, good point. I should stop doing that."

" Oh please, spare me. I know you'll just come running back."