makeup: reddie

richie's p.o.v:

" so what was it ya wanted to show me eds?" i asked, sighing as i fell onto eddie's bed. i stretched, letting a quiet mewl slip past my lips, as i comfortably crossed one leg over the other and my hands behind my head. i watched eddie move to stand beside me, his arms crossed over his chest and an annoyed expression evident on his face. he rolled his bambi eyes to the back of his head, grumbling something inaudibly as he moved away. i grinned, turning my head to the side to watch him.

" i wanted to show you what i got for my birthday. and don't call me that shithead." he snapped, making me scoff and laugh airily through my nose. he sighed, shaking his head as he rummaged through his chest of drawers, with his back to me. he finally pulled out a large back briefcase, making me cock an eyebrow and sit up on his bed. i dangled my legs over the side, watching as he came back over and sat down beside me with the mysterious case on his lap.

" unless it's drugs, alcohol, money or condoms i'm not interested." i joked, to which eddie gave me a rightfully deserved slap on the arm. i chortled loudly, watching the blush slowly set onto his tubby cheeks, as he flipped the briefcases clips up and popped it open. " whoa." i said, eyeing the contents. " who got you all of this?" i asked, dumbfounded by the reveal.

" bevy. she told me she saved up for months." eddie said, and i glanced away from the box momentarily to eye the warm smile on his soft face. he and beverly had gotten super close in high school, they considered each other best friends. i did get jealous at times, just because beverly took some of my time with my eds away from me, but it generally seemed to work out. aka i'd barge in on their little parties and steal him back. i reached into the box, pulling out a large bottle.

makeup. beverly had gotten eddie tons and tons of makeup. i examined the glass bottle of skin coloured liquid, before setting it back down in the case and grabbing a long metal cylinder. i twisted it open, a mascara wand coming out. i eyed it curiously, before returning it to the box and picking up something else. eddie watched me silently, as i curiously examined the items in his box.

" y-you're pretty without makeup, eds." i teased, grinning weakly and gently pinching his cheek. his nose crinkled as he giggled softly, before moving his head away as i withdrew my hand. however i was a little distracted, looking back at the items in his box. i fell silent, having found it hard to think of words to say or speak in general. something unnerving was on my mind.

" this ones called foundation." eddie said, picking up the bottle of tan liquid. my eyes widened a little behind my glasses, as i looked between eddie and the object in his hand. i nodded, urging him to continue, as i readjusted my glasses anxiously on the bridge of my nose. " it's one of the first things you put on. it looks like your skin, so it's to like cover up zits and blemishes and stuff." he said softly, setting the item back in the box. i nodded silently again.

" and this is concealer." he said, picking up a little black tube. he unscrewed the top, and held up the tip to my wide sapphire eyes, letting me see the lighter skin colour smeared over the top. " it's for bigger things, like the bags under your eyes and such." he said, licking his pink lips as he returned the bottle to his briefcase. i once again stayed silent.

" but my favourite, is this." he said, and i watched his face light up and break out into a bright smile as he reached into the case again. he pulled out a little white wool bag, smiling brightly up at me. " hold out your hands." he said softly, to which i cupped my slightly shaky hands and held them out towards him.

i watched as he dumped half a dozen metal cylinders into my palms, my bright eyes growing even wider behind my thick glasses. lipsticks, each different shades of pink and nude colour, all of which had my heart hammering against my rib cage. eddie picked up a tan colour, smiling brightly and holding it up for me to see. " this ones my fav-"