21.0

S

"Ethan Grant Dolan, on behalf of the New Jersey correctional system, you are being sentenced to a minimum of fifteen years in New Jersey state prison for the alleged murder of Logan Jackson and your escape from the high security New Jersey detention centre. If any further evidence of the murder charges arise, you will be re-sentenced based on the evidence presented. Case dismissed" my heart dropped, I was beyond happy that Ethan was not to be lethally injected... but fifteen years was a long time.

Ethan and I would be in our early thirties when he would be released, our child would be an adolescent and would grow up without a father.

Regardless of the time, I would always wait for him. No matter how long I would have to wait, I would wait for him forever.

I was a bit confused on why he was sentenced less than his original sentence of thirty years but I would take it up with his lawyer later.

I got up from my seat and ran over towards Ethan.

He had no expression in his face, I couldn't tell if he was happy or sad or just surprised.

He looked back at me before the officers pulled him up and cuffed his hands behind his back.

I grabbed his head as fast as I could and kissed him.

He was pulled away and I started to yell for his attention.

"I'll wait for you! I promise you I'll visit you every day for fifteen years. Call me as soon as you can! I love you" I screamed as everyone had their attention on us.

He smiled and turned back before he was pulled out of the court room.

"I love you Shelbs" was the last thing I heard before I saw his body being pushed out of the court room.

I turned around and ran towards Grayson grabbing my purse from my seat.

"He doesn't deserve you" Grayson spoke low, clearly upset of his brother being locked up for fifteen years or for the fact that his brother stole my heart when Grayson couldn't.

"I have to go talk to his lawyer, I'll be right back" completely ignoring his remark and walking towards Ethan's lawyer.

"Hi, I'm Shelby Burns. I was wondering why he was given less time than his original sentence?" I asked without letting the lawyer register my name what so ever.

"There was evidence that Ethan was there the night Logan was murdered, the Judge originally gave Ethan thirty years because there was no specific evidence he killed Logan, but due to the security footage of him forcefully putting Logan into an identified car at the time, the judge had to sentence Ethan for murder. We recently found another Kennedy members DNA on a suspected murder weapon that was attempted to be hidden in the stolen car that was found in the woods near Provincial Park. There's more evidence that this other suspect was the murderer and that Ethan just helped, which lowers his sentence down to ten years and the judge added five for his escape" he spoke awfully too quick for me to catch every word that came out of his mouth. But I caught most of the context.

"Don't worry though, he'll only get nine years on good behaviour and maybe even eight for overcrowding. Now if you don't mind, I have a business meeting to attend regarding another case. Have a good day" he spoke as he collected his things and walked past me.

I turned back to Grayson, who was standing behind me the entire time listening to the lawyers words without me noticing.

"He'll be okay Shelbs" he spoke softly as grabbing my shoulder.

"Don't call me that please" I spoke, not liking the nickname he gave me only because it wasn't coming out of Ethan's mouth.

"Want me to take you home?" He spoke softly and I nodded.