𝐓𝐄𝐍 - 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒. (𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑.)

NAHMIR ─── ・ 。゚☆: *

NAHMIR
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

For the rest of the car ride home, I went back and forth with myself on whether I should really go see Fresh or not. I knew it had to be important since he normally stayed to himself. He was a businessman, but he was real lowkey, and most of the time he tried not to involve others unless it was extremely necessary. I was always his go to besides Tay, and although he trusted me the most, he respected my choice to stay out of the streets. So if he was asking me of all people, he must have really needed me.

I checked my phone to look at the time, seeing that the thirty minutes Fresh gave me was almost up. We were halfway to Jay's house, and I knew I wouldn't have time to get all the way there, drive myself over to Manny's, and actually make it there on time. So I'm just going to have to suck it up and ask Jay to take me while we're closer.

"Jay," I started, my voice cracking from nervousness, "you think you could drop me off at Woodcrest? F-Fresh said-"

"Woodcrest?!" Jay exclaimed. "I thought you was done-"

I cut him off before he could even finish what he was about to say. "I am! I-I just wanted to see Fresh and Manny...I miss then."

For the most part, I was actually telling the truth. I did miss them. I had purposely isolated myself from everything and everyone for the past five and a half months, and now I was started to miss my friends. The other half of me was just curious to see what Fresh wanted, even though I'm pretty sure I already knew, but I wanted to find out for sure. This whole meeting up with thing could go two different ways.

"And you don't think Tay will be there too?" I didn't respond. "Nahmir!"

"So what if he is Jay!" I snapped. "I can't hide from that nigga forever!"

Jay bursted into sudden laughter. He nodded his head, gripping the steering wheel tighter. "You right, do what you want Nicholas. If you wanna go around these niggas and get raped again-" his eyes widened and he cut himself off before he could finish his sentence.

I felt my heart drop at his words. Even though he didn't finish his sentence, I already knew where it was heading, and that shit hurt.

"I-I didn't mean t-"

I stared ahead, my face full of fresh tears, biting down on my bottom lip to maintain my composure. "Just let me out, Jay."

"Nah-"

"Let me out." I repeated.

Jay sighed and pulled over, unlocking the doors and reaching over my lap to open it for me.