𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋.

There's a song in the multi media and I feel like it kinda sorta goes with this chapter a little, so play it if you want. It's really good 🌚

════ ⋆★⋆ ════════ ⋆★⋆ ════
════ ⋆★⋆ ════

❛ 𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯. ❜

TAYMOR ─── ・ 。゚☆: *

TAYMOR
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

I was slumped down into the couch, my hand resting on my forehead as I held my red iPhone 7 plus in the other, staring at the contact name on my screen. I contemplated on whether I should call or not before finally giving in.

Fuck it.

I sat up straight, swallowing the lump that had formed in the back of my throat, along with my pride. I then exhaled, trying to ignore the overwhelming sensation of butterflies that filled my tightening stomach. My shaky finger hovered over the red call button and I closed my eyes and quickly tapped it, letting out a long, shaky breath.

Here goes nothing.

It rang three times before he picked up. "Hello?"

Immediately taken aback by his change of voice, which was must deeper and less "Alabama" sounding than the last time we talked, I took the phone away from my ear and looked at the screen again to make sure that I called the right person. "Um...h-hello?"

"Washannin'?" it was evident that he had an attitude this time, probably thinking that I was someone trying to play on his phone.

"Is this-" I paused, clearing my throat. "Is this Nahmir?"

"It is."

"Oh..." I trailed off, feeling dumb. "it's uh...me, Tay..." I trailed off again, not knowing what to say. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I don't know why I was so nervous.

"Yeah I know." it was evident in his voice that he was smiling. "...so you home?"

"Yeah, just got home today."

"Oh...well what you doing later now?" Nahmir asked, his voice light and sheepish now, like it always used to do when we he was around me. He put on an hard act for everyone else, but as soon as he was around me, everything changed, and he fell into submission every time. He was free and able to be himself, and didn't have to look, act, or talk a certain way for others.