26 [END]

One month later...

Joy woke up with her family around her. She feel so weak and her back is so painful. She wanted to speak but her throat is so dry it hurts. Few days later when she can  finally sit down and talk she asked her sister.

"Where's Sungjae?"

Yeri looked down as if not wanting to meet her eyes, it gave Joy a feeling.

"Where is he?" She doesn't see him at all.

"He's here unnie, h-he's just busy right now." Yeri said stuttering.

Joy sighed. Almost all the people she's close with has visited her but him. Her team came to her that day and Irene remembered that she gave Joy's letter to Sungjae.

Joy smiled regretfully.

So he finally decided huh... He must've realized now what he truly feel towards me.

But she doesn' t regret anything. She's still happy, that up until the end, she was able to show him how much she loves him. She poured all her heart loving him all this time. That even if it's out of pity, she was happy for his attention. She'll get through her life being proud of herself that not even once has she given up on him.

Even if it hurts, finally, she can let him go too.

***

"Please, I'm begging you to eat. You can't keep on drinking liquor like this everyday." Sungjae's mom pleaded to him.

She begged him everyday to let him see her and it was only that day he opened the door for her. She's worried of her son.

Sungjae acted as if he doesn't hear her and continued drinking. He's even growing stubble now. Like he didn't take care of himself for the past few weeks.

"What about Joy? Didn't you checked on her? What do you think she'll think if you're not there? "

Still Sungjae didn't answer .

"Wash up, eat and see her. She must be feeling down that you're not there."

Sungjae looked up to the woman that only he recently realized has been really worried about him.

"Father... Didn't you feel he only married you out of pity?" He asked for the first time since she came in.

His step mother stopped picking up his trash and looked at him.

She smiled as if she remembered something. "I did, it was the reason why I don't want us to get married but he proved to me everyday that it wasn't out of pity. Although I'm only a substitute for your late  mother, I want you to know that the love I give isn't only second best. I love your father without exemption and the same to you as well. I can't replace your mother in you and your father's heart but me as a woman, can't do anything else but do my best to atleast have a little space inside you." She chuckled. "Your girlfriend and I quite have similarities with each other maybe that's why I like her for you."

Realization hit him once again that tears started falling on his cheeks.

A woman's feelings run deeper than he seem. They act all fine but keep all the pain inside. His step mother is no exemption even more so the woman he loves.

"Thank You... Mom."

His mother was stunned at his words. She didn't even realized that her tears has started falling.

She smiled and went to his side to hug him. Sungjae hugged her back and they both cried together.

***