17

A/n
I edited chapter 13, please check it out. Thank you and enjoy ! ^^

***

Before Joy went to Sungjae, she actually went to her mother first who's with her father and Yeri. She was glad that everything is going well with her mother's therapy and it may not be long after her mother could finally go home.

She didn't know she was tired only when she saw Sungjae and when he embraced her, it sank on her that she was going too fast with things happening with her work and that he slows her down, they are polar opposites that attract each other.

They eventually had to separate from each other since he's still in night duty and decided to see each other the next day though Joy doubted that it will happen.

She waited for his call and text the next day but none came till noon so she decided she'll visit him at his home.

Now Joy stands on his doorway, perplexed and nervous. It was Sungjae who told her his address last time. It's the same as when they were still in high school, Joy know too well what's inside already because of her nosiness, that is if his things were still the same. She also know about his family history and all, it's just that today is different, she's going inside as his girlfriend.

You may think it may not be a big deal but it is for her. Just as she was 8 years ago, she was a girl who dreamed to visit her boyfriend once in a while in his apartment. She didn't know that it will come true.

She sighed heavily before typing the password and heard the door clicked. Holding the two groceries in her hands she went inside his apartment and saw that it was dark inside. She was right then, he's still asleep.

She was thinking that he was asleep in his bedroom but saw him sleeping on the couch instead without changing his clothes from the hospital, when she opened the thick curtain on one side, he's sleeping so deep that he didn't even stir, he must be really tired.

Joy decided to cook first before waking him up. She only went to woke him up when she was done, tapping him lightly on his cheeks.

"Hey, wake up. Yook Sungjae."

Sungjae groggily opened his eyes and closed them back again because of the light. Shit, who the hell -- when he opened his eyes for the second time, he saw Joy in front of him smiling brightly covering the light in front of him. He was speechless he forgot that he was cursing the one who woke him up but bit his tongue, cursing his girlfriend isn't a good idea, mainly because she's good at taekwondo than him.

He stared at her still lying on the couch. How can she be so beautiful even when she has no make up, her hair just tied down behind her and is wearing a turtle neck sweater that hid her delicious curves? He can't believe he didn't realize this back in high school, he was too busy being a rebel.

"I hope you don't mind that I came here without informing you." She said still smiling and standing up holding both his hands to make him stand, "Come on, I cooked you food. Eat first before you go back to sleep."

Sungjae lazily stood up and let her push him towards the dining area where foods are already served, it was his favorite dishes.

After making him sit down, Joy sat on the opposite side facing him taking the bowl of rice to serve him. Sungjae sat there watching her do the serving, his lips went dry and his eyes almost getting moist. It was a scene he wished to see but instead of Joy, he envisioned his mother serving him. Joy knows about his past and it's not really a good memory. Something just unknowingly tugged the strings of his heart. It seems like he's still a kid, craving for a mother's love and care.

"Hey, are you okay?" Joy asked concern written on her face.

Sungjae shake his head and picked up the chopstick and started eating. He's not lucky with his family but to Joy he is. He nodded his head at her to tell her he approved of her cooking. Sungjae didn't thought that Joy could actually cook, it must have something to do with her job since she had to be independent.

"Glad you like it. I'll leave after you're done so finish it all and rest well." She said eating her food as well.

Just thinking about her leaving made Sungjae sad all of a sudden.

"You're leaving? Why?"

Joy smiled slightly. "I know you're tired. Let's have our date next time."

"No, don't leave." He thought of an idea. "How about a drink?" It was already afternoon and as much as he wanted to go on a date with her, his body isn't cooperating with him with all the night duties and non stop surgeries but he also want to spend time with her.

Joy's face lit up. "Drink? Call!" then continued eating.

Sungjae stared at her inhale her food, he just suddenly saw Joy's younger self eating in front of him, it's totally different now. He saw a grain of rice sticking on the side of her lips, reaching his hand out he picked it and eat it. Joy gaped at him, her reaction was priceless Sungjae just gave her a toothy smile.

"Let's watch a movie while drinking." He just said while eating his food.

Joy then seemed excited. "Call!"

When they were done eating, Joy did the dishes while she let Sungjae take a shower so they could watch the movie together. She's in the middle of putting the dishes back to their places when she heard Sungjae called her name from the shower, Joy wiped her hands on the apron before running to the shower, it was located outside his bedroom and only near the living area.

Joy knocked on the door. "What is it? You need something?"

Sungjae opened the door slightly, sticking only his head out, water droplets falling from his hair. "Towel. It's in the bedroom."

Joy chuckled going inside his bedroom to get his towel before going outside handing it to him.

"Here."

Sungjae took it giving her a wink. "Thank you babe." then closed the door.

Joy stood there with wide eyes. Babe? It's corny but... sheez, I love it. Why am I so simple and easy, really?

Joy was still standing there that when Sungjae came out she's still standing by the door.

"Oh... uh- I'm sorry, I was just - uhm.. I'll wait at the livi-" Joy stuttered and almost lost her balance when Sungjae took a step forward towards her with a smirk plastered on his face. Joy didn't know where to look, to his bare chest or below the towel hiding that- that... oh geez, that damn thing of him. He immediately helped her to balance by holding her waist and pulled her closer towards him. Unconsciously Joy touched both his arms to stop them from getting any closer because she can already feel her body getting hard with just the feel of his still wet hard chest though it wasn't also a good choice since she can feel his muscles.

Oh Lord. I never feel like this with my sparring partners but he's not a sparring partner, I definitely can't flip him back. For goodness sake! he's a man and my boyfriend!

She closed her eyes to stop herself from wanting him. She doesn't want him to think of her that way, high school made her learn that lesson. Showing her advances, showing him that she's a  woman, it crushed her confidence. She shouldn't have done it, she's too ashamed to be like herself again, the her 8 years ago. The girl who shows her want and love upfront to the guy she love,  he will push her again. The reason why she cut her hair. She wanted to forget herself in the past.

She felt him carress her cheeks. Joy opened her eyes and stared at him, she can see the concern in his eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He asked wiping her cheeks. Joy didn't said anything but looked down instead. "It's my doing, isn't it?"

Sungjae both touched her cheeks and made her look at him. "I was really a jerk to you, didn't I? I'm such a fool for ignoring you and being cold to you. Now I'm regretting it. If it can make you feel better, I'll let you punch me." He made her touch both their foreheads still looking at each other's eyes.

Joy shake her head chuckling, wiping her tears away, she smiled at him.

She circled her arms around his neck and pulled him for a kiss.

We are together now,I don't know when this will end but it doesn't matter to me if he push me away again.

Because I made my resolve already.