05

"What are you going to do?" Seulgi unnie asked Joy as they were packing their bags. They were a given a month to rest for the success mission.

Joy stopped packing and looked at her. "I'm going to visit mom."

Seulgi gently smiled at her. "I see. You became mature now Joy-a."

Joy chuckled. Seulgi witnessed Joy's change from when she went there. If she's the past Joy she might've said she'd go clubbing but she's not craving for it anymore.

"What about you unnie?"

Seulgi showed a shy expression. "Minhyuk and I are going for a vacation somewhere."

"It's nice that you have the same profession." Joy said to her. Although Seulgi and Minhyuk hardly see each other, they're still together for many years. She envied her.

"Yeah, but it's scary sometimes too. Because I know what it's like out there in a battle, many things go through my head."

"I can imagine that." Joy then felt thankful that Sungjae doesn't know the horrors of her profession even though he doesn't care about her. "What about Irene unnie?"

Seulgi laughed. "She said she's going to lock herself in her  apartment and watch netflix."

Joy gasped. "For a month? That's crazy!" But its so Irene to do that. As expected of their leader. No wonder she's single, not that she also have a boyfriend.

"That's what I'm saying, I think the two of you should go on a blind date or something."

Joy rolled her eyes at her suggestion but she still smiled. It's been ages since she's been on a blind date.

Shrugging her shoulders she replied, "I don't know. Men don't entice me."

Seulgi gave her a teasing grin. "Of course it will be hard especially when you already like someone. It's the doctor, isn't it?"

Joy's eyes widen. "H-how did-" She covered her mouth using her hand when Seulgi pointed her open locker. There's a picture of Sungjae taken by her, it was a stolen shot and it's almost fading. Pabo!

"I just didn't talk because I know you don't want to be embarassed infront of him."

"Unnie!" Joy is already embarassed already. She thought no one cares about her locker so she just left the picture there.

Seulgi laughed. "Sorry, I just wish that you can also find your happiness."

Joy looked at her. Happiness... She is happy though, when she fell inlove with him, it brought her happiness. That's what she held for when she was still training until now.

"Thank you unnie. But you know, I'll be happy if you stop pestering my locker." She said it smiling like a threat but also meant it as a joke.

Seulgi cleared her throat and looked at her wristwatch. "Oh ha ha , It's almost time, Minhyuk will be waiting if I don't leave. I'll go ahead Joy. Bye!" She said and ran but she stopped by the door and turned to Joy. "Just so you know! The others know already!" She said then ran outside.

What!

What does she mean by others? Their squad? Or the freaking whole camp?

Joy slumped on the hardwood and gripped her hair.

"I'm so stupid."

***

"Does your sister know about this?" Sungjae asked Yeri. He just knew that their mother have cancer. Their mother was transferred because of her father's job, Yeri said to him. He already knew Yeri since she was still in elementary because Joy would bring her at their school sometimes at festivals and events. Joy adores her little sister.

Yeri nodded her head. "Yeah... She'll be here later."

"I see." He took the can from the machine and gave one to Yeri. They sat on the bench, He opened his can but Yeri didn't, she just stared at it.

"Joy unnie... when she went to join the military, she changed.." She suddenly said.

Sungjae stopped drinking, what does she mean military? Joy is not an ordinary bodyguard? Is she really a soldier?

Sungjae looked down at her. "Why did your sister joined the military anyway?" He asked normally. He's still reeling on the fact that Joy is a soldier.

Yeri looked up at him. "Our mother asked her."

Their mother? That's unexpected.

"I think mom wanted her to join the military because unnie is soft hearted and easily gets emotional." She added, not to mention very spoiled but she was nice to her.

Really? Doesn't seem like to me that she's emotional. She was always bright and was always smiling.

"Father didn't want to but Joy unnie said yes to mother. It was unexpected actually because I thought she won't do what our mother wants. I just realized that unnie cares for our family, enough to forget her own dreams. I admired her since then."

Sungjae ruffled Yeri's hair. "You're a good sister."

Yeri looked up to him. "Now I know why my sister is smitten with you."

Sungjae frowned. "What?"

"You're a gentleman. That's why girls fall for you and yet that's what also makes you dangerous oppa." Yeri said to him.

"What do you mean?" He's curious why Yeri suddenly said that.

"See? You yourself don't even know. You're dense oppa."

"D-dense?" He asked her stuttering. Him? Dense? How come? he's smart and easily gets the situation easily, dense? come on!

Yeri nodded. "Clueless."

Clueless? Sungjae's neck started to hurt. She's just adding fuel to the fire.

"Do you know?" Yeri asked.

"What?"

"My sister is actually an introvert. But I see her try to win you over, it made me wonder if that what love is."

A lump started to form in Sungjae's throat. This is news to him. He didn't know that she's trying to get close to him without knowing that she's uncomfortable. What was she thinking back then? He's starting to wonder if he really knew Joy because the way people around him describe her is different from what he sees and experience being with her.

"But she can't know that I told you because she'll kill me."

"And why would I kill you?" Someone asked beside them. Sungjae and Yeri turned to their right not far from them, it was Joy who have her bag slinging on her shoulder arching an eyebrow.

She was limping when she walked towards them.

Sungjae and Yeri cleared their throats. Yeri stood up.

"I-I'm going inside. The two of you talk, bye~"

Sungjae stared ahead while Joy sat where Yeri was putting her duffle bag between her and Sungjae, she also stared ahead.

"What did you talk about?"

Sungjae shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing. I just asked her about your mother. I'm the assigned doctor, just so you know." Yeri specifically asked him actually. He wanted to ask about her wound but unexpectedly his tounge got tied.

Joy nodded. "Okay." She stood up from her seat and was about to take her duffle bag since there's nothing to talk about anymore but Sungjae held on to it. "Wae?"Joy asked confused why he suddenly stopped her. She's trying not to show any emotion because the way he held onto her bag just makes her heart go frenzy, it gives her hope that maybe... he cares about her even just a little.