10

"I know this is not your first time being called on your off duty but the HQ had no choice but to call us." Irene explained.

Joy and Seulgi nodded as they stand infront of their captain. A week after, she received a call that they are being sent to protect a VIP for two weeks. She was glad that she can already walk fine although it still hurt sometimes.

3 weeks left before she's on duty again and she's already itching to get on battle again. Call her coward but she's actually just trying to escape from seeing someone.

Seulgi asked. "Who are we guarding Captain?"

Irene smiled. "I'll explain later when the other people who's coming with us arrive here."

"Oh, from another unit?" Joy asked.

Irene nodded. "Yeah, and they are also the reason why they chose our team."

Seulgi and Joy nodded. They were currently at their Base. Although they almost knew the people there, they really haven't got the chance to talk to each other so they wondered who'll be with them. It's either it will be from their base or from another country.

The door opened and came inside two women in their uniforms.

They greet each other in a formal way and introduced themselves.

"I'm Lieutenant Jennie and these are my subordinates, Sergeant first class Lisa and staff sergeant Jisoo."

Lisa have the same rank as Joy's. She wondered why they were teamed with another tough unit, is it really hard for the VIP?

Irene introduced herself including Joy and Seulgi. Jisoo and Lisa sat beside Joy and Seulgi while Jennie stood beside Irene facing them.

"The commander in-charge of us is Battalion-Commander Kwon Yuri but she's not present at the moment. Instead she'll meet us tomorrow at the airport to get the VIP."

So they continued the meeting with themselves according to the command to them. Joy was surprised when they were briefing who's the VIP, it was a friend of her back in High School. She was a good friend and it was a waste Joy wasn't able to say goodbye to her. Joy grinned, now she knew why the HQ chose them. If she was a bitch in High School, her friend can't even compare to her.

Tomorrow at 5 am they will take the VIP from the airport and they were given time to organize their things and said goodbye to their families or boyfriends if they have. Lisa and Joy grimaced at that word or more like they loathed it, it caused Jisoo and Seulgi to laugh at them.

After their meeting, they decided to eat lunch together. It was nice because they talked to each other as if they met new friends.

Around three in the afternoon, Joy went back to the hospital so she could say goodbye to her mother, she was glad that Yeri and her father was there as well.

Her mother weakly smiled at her, although she was sick, she still radiated grace and beauty within her.

"I don't know if I'll be happy or not. Why did you have to train so well?" Her mother pertained about her being a soldier and not being able to go home whenever she wanted to.

It made Joy smile. "And be smart just like you?" It was Yeri who said that.

The three of them laughed while their father just watched the three women hug together. His wife urge him to go to them and hug them and so he did. His company went bankrupt but he can't compare it to the time he spends it with his family, he has no regrets. They've never spend moments like that when they were still well off.

After a while Yeri and her father went home first since Joy won't be there for two weeks, after they come back Joy then will go home to organize her things, she can't ask her sister since she didn't want her to see the guns in her closet especially her father.