07

Joy went to find Sungjae not because she wanted to but because her mother forced her. She doesn't know where to find him actually so she just went to the information desk and tell the person she's there for a check up, her mother just can't sit still while looking at Joy walk limping so to assure her, Joy told her she'll do the check up.

A woman came to her side wearing a doctor's coat. Joy sensed that the woman hates her from the way she observed her. She almost arched her eyebrow but stopped herself, what the hell is this woman doing?

"You're that woman." The doctor said as if confirming something. "I thought you're something but you look like a tomboy. I got worried for nothing." She added not looking at her.

Joy looked down on herself, what's wrong with her outfit? So what if she looks like a tomboy? This woman doesn't even know anything. Too bad her gun is not with her, she's starting to get irritated at her.

"I don't know why you have to get worried but I'm glad that you don't have to anymore." Joy said to her smiling. She knows a spoiled brat when she sees one and this woman is cartainly one, she was like that in the past too after all. She already know how to handle a woman like her, being a spoiled brat herself taught her that. Being calm is the best way to win a battle and it seems like the woman infront of her knows that too since she smiled fakely at her.

"I'm doctor Kim So Hyun, no one is available right now so I'll be the one to check on you." She said confidently.

Joy could actually take the woman on a battle but she was not there for that so she'll just let her slide for now.

She nod her head and made her way to a vacant bed. She just lied down and let the woman check on her.

"I don't know your relationship with Sungjae but just so you know, he's mine." The woman said still checking on her.

So that's why she hates her, because of that guy whom she have no claim to or so whatever. Seems like the staff there at the hospital likes to gossip as well.

"I see." Joy answered completely not interested with the topic. She can have him for all she want.

"Aren't you scared that I might do something to your leg?"

Joy shrugged her shoulders still staring on the ceiling. She can try.
"Wake me up if you're done." she said and closed her eyes.

So Hyun who was checking Joy's leg looked at her sleeping form frustratedly, she's a beautiful woman despite her loose shirt and camouflage pants, she can't deny that. Rumor is that she argued with Sungjae at the ER which was odd because Sungjae never lose his patience over a patient before, the two nurses who witnessed the argument between the two said that Sungjae and this woman might have a past since they cassually talked to each other.

She didn't want the woman to get close to Sungjae because she likes him and although she makes it obvious, he never once showed her that he was interested of her advances. So Hyun took that as a challenge. No one ever rejected her, with her beautiful face and all, Sungjae was the only who ignored her.

She stared at the woman and though of what to do because she knew the woman is hard to break just like what happened earlier, she's not going to be an easy opponent.

Just then, Sungjae arrived looking at the occupied beds when he saw the woman lying on one of the beds. He immediately went to her side and looked at her sleeping figure. He searched for a wound from her head to toe and sighed out of relief when he saw nothing. This woman will be the death of him, the nurse at the information desk told him that Joy was there for a check up so he immediately looked for her. After confirming that she's fine he finally looked at So Hyun who witnessed how Sungjae's expression changed into a worried one while staring at the woman earlier.

"How's her leg?" It's been three days since Joy got shot on her leg and he was worried if she's taking her medicine when he saw her limping earlier.

"She'll be fine, as long as she takes her medicine." So Hyun said gravely.

"What's wrong?"

So Hyun shake her head and looked at the woman again before she left. She may not have a chance but that doesn't mean that she's giving up.

Sungjae turned back to Joy again, staring at her sleeping form. He hate to admit it but he found the Joy now much more attractive only that she's not interested in him anymore.

"Why don't you just take a picture? It will last longer." Joy talked opening her eyes and abruptly sat on the bed.

"You were awake?" She wasn't asleep? Dang, he recalled how he sounded earlier.

Joy smirked putting her legs down on the floor.

"Why don't you rest more?" What's wrong with him lately? He's constantly getting worried about her. He admitted to himself three days ago that he feel something about her but he's not used to it because it was her who was always asking if he was fine.

"It's okay, I can rest at home. Goodbye." She said and stood straight but he swiftly moved infront of her, stopping her from leaving.

Sungjae swallowed his saliva and tried to look at her scrutining eyes. They were cold and distant.

He doesn't know how she did it in the past that she can actually ask him things casually without being flustered because right now, he's not only flustered but afraid as well.

Even though that's what he feels, it was also his fault. The affection she had for him in the past might be gone but he's willing to take it back again.

He didn't know that his heart could beat that fast, he do recall one time his heart was like that as well when he first saw her but it didn't last because he saw her as a spoiled brat, because she was always there with him he didn't think that she'd leave his side. He didn't think that far back then.

Wasn't she afraid? Didn't she felt fear that he'll reject her? Was she even hurt? He wanted to know all these things but the question he mostly wanted to ask and hear the answer is if she ever resented him.

That's what scared him the most.

He breathed. "Let's date."