06

"Hi, I'm Joy, will you be my boyfriend?"

"I will be there wherever you go."

"I want to be your girlfriend."

"I like you..."

Sungjae remembered the things that she said to him back then. He didn't know that he desperately wanted to hear it again from her. Holding onto her bag to gather some courage but instead of telling her the things he wanted to say, like a coward that he is, he let go of the chance...

Clasping his hands he said, "Nothing, I forgot what I was going to say." How can he ask her to make her like him again? when he rejected her so many times? He wanted to ask her what she saw in him to make her like him.

And just like a clueless person that he is, what he did just shattered all of Joy's hope.  She sighed, does she really have to grab even the slightest hope? Is she really that desperate?

I'm really a fool.

May it be in the past or present, she's still rejected. Unlike in the past, the her in the present is now scared to tell him how much she loves him. Maybe because if she tell him and he rejects her, she might really have to turn her feelings around and forget the love she had stored for him. Is it the best? Is it time to forget him now?

Is it time to find a new love?

"I see." She said and went inside the room. Should I just go on a  blind date like unnie said?

Sungjae stared at the door where Joy went and slapped his own head. Yook Sungjae, you're really stupid, can't even ask a simple question. But now that he saw her again, he realized that he's being careful of his words unlike in the past where he says whatever he wants. Because it's her, he doesn't want to lose her again just because of his words... Just like that time on a rainy day when he rejected her just like he always did, he didn't know it was the last time she'd confess to him, and the last time that he will see her.

He never realized then that her presence would be a great loss for him... he didn't know why he just suddenly recalled her last confession.

**

Sungjae was walking on the rain holding an umbrella, his parents have already gone ahead as well as the parents of other students, it was after the graduation ceremony and the students were holding their own umbrellas.

He was looking down while walking so he didn't saw Joy infront of him. When he looked up, she was standing with her uniform soaked and her hair wet as well, she was not holding any umbrella. Her diploma was already wet.

He didn't move, didn't offered his umbrella, didn't listen to what she really wants to say although her words were loud and clear, he ignored them just like he always did. Because he hates her.

"I like you! Go out with me! Be my boyfriend! I will be faithful, I promise!"

The students who were passing by stopped and stared at them. They already know that Joy likes him because she always makes it obvious.

Sungjae thought she's pulling an act again to gain his favor. He won't ever fall for it.

"I don't like you, I'm sorry." He said and started walking again. Still, he can hear her shouting from behind, her last words muffled through the rain unabling for him to hear.

"You won't regret it, I promise!"

Joy sighed after knowing that Sungjae won't ever look back at her.

"I'll be leaving for abroad, you stupid."

She decided that if he accept her confession, she won't leave but that was her last shot.

It's time to leave.

**

Joy sighed. Why did she had to remember that confession? acting as if he'll accept her, it'll just be a dream. Now that when she think about it, all she can think is that she looks stupid confessing to him every chance she got. Now, she doesn't want to see him anymore because she's reminded of the stupid things she has said and done in the past.

"Unnie, are you crying?"

Joy stared at Yeri and her mother, they were looking at her worriedly. She immediately touch her cheeks, she didn't know that her tears started to fall without her knowing. She wiped her cheeks and smiled at them.

"It was just the dust. I'll just wash my face." She said to them and went inside the comfortroom.

Joy stared at her reflection on the mirror. Her tears started to fall again. It's been a long time that she cried.

Why... Why are my tears falling? What for?

Is it because she decided to give up on him now? After 10 long years of still being inlove with him? He's just so near but it feels like he's much farther away from her than in the past.

Don't I have to try again? No, I've done it already in the past.

But it's been a long time that she cried. She'd forgive herself just one time. She turned on the faucet of the sink and sat on the water closet, covering her face with her hands, she cried her heart out.

Although he rejected her many times, she still regret that she can't shower him all the love she have. It may look like she's just teasing him because she was a spoiled brat but she was really serious of her feelings and a spoiled brat that she is,she's obssessive of him.

This is the last time that I'll cry because of you. After this, I won't care anymore.

***

A/N

8 yrs has passed but Joy liked him for ten yrs, the two yrs was  when they were together in high school. In case you might be wondering. :)