12

"Stay here." Joy left him giving his coat back at him before running towards the gunshot leaving Sungjae standing where he was.

People were running everywhere and Joy was already out of sight, he started to get worried and looked for her. He went where the gunshot was and saw people flocking together as if watching something.

His mind went blank when he saw Joy being held captive by a man wearing a black jacket, mask and cap, but that's not why his feet was stuck to the ground, it was because of the gun pointed at Joy's head who doesn't seem to be fazed at the situation she's in.

And just when he was about to take a step forward, in a swift movement Joy was able to take the gun on the man's hand and brought him to his knees. With one hand, she brought the man to unconsciousness.

People cheered and started flocking over her and the man. Sungjae doesn't know how things happened so quickly and how she got in danger just a while ago and yet she's not even bothered.

It was Joy's instict to go at the scene and acted on her accord because the man was obviously threatening people to hand over their things, she was glad that no one was hurt and arrived just when he was about to shot someone for real, he doesn't seem to be used at handling guns. She was now barefoot because she sent her heels flying towards the man earlier.

"He'll be asleep for awhile, please tie him till the police comes. And it would be a big help if you delete the video you took of me, I'll be in big trouble if it leaks." She said to some who she saw were taking a video of her.

"Joy"

Joy turned to her side and gasped running towards Sungjae immediately. "Oh no, I'm sorry I left you suddenly, my body just acted on its own." People were starting to walk away when the police came and it was a relief that no one went to her side.

"Find your heels. I'll wait for you at the car." He said coldly then left her there standing.

Joy was puzzled, what's with him? Was he frustrated because she suddenly left him? That's too lame of an excuse to be frustrated at her. Still she went and looked for her heels not wanting him to get angry at her more than he is already though she can walk fine barefootedly.

When she arrive where his car was parked, he was already inside the car looking straight ahead. She then went inside as well and immediately regretted it because the car was filled with tension.

What's with him really? He's making her nervous. Did I do something wrong?

"Why did you do it?" He asked after a minute of silence.

"Do what?" She asked puzzled.

"Back there, how could you recklessly went there all by yourself? What if you were shot?"

Joy almost snapped at his choice of words, recklessly? What does he think of her? she decided to forgive him since it was the first time he saw her in that kind of situation.

"But I wasn't. I'm perfectly fine, aren't I? What are you getting angry about?"

Sungjae turned to her angrily. "You don't know? You took that guy all by yourself without even thinking that something bad might happen to you. Don't you value yourself? Do you take your life lightly that you'd go straight to danger? Is that so easy for you?"

This time Joy can't help but answer back angrily. "I'm a soldier and it's our nature to be ready in any danger so don't judge me. Just what do you think of me? Don't take me lightly!"

Sungjae's jaw hardened. "Soldier or not, you're a woman to me and that won't ever change so don't just go jumping to any danger, don't be such an easy woman."