02

***

Joy looked at him and smiled. "Hi, It's been a long time, isn't it?"

Sungjae just stared at her still not over of her sudden change. First, she cut her hair short and she's wearing a black cap. Second, her outfit is completely different than what he was used to. And lastly, she's not ogling at him. He was more surprised on the third one, because it looks like she doesn't like him anymore.

People do change after all.

"uhm... Hey." He replied.

Joy chuckled at his behavior. "What's with your voice? It's me, Joy." She said pointing at herself "Do I look different? It's just my hair." She took her cap off and ran her hand over her head. Sungjae unconsciously followed her movement.

"Yeah, I noticed. It looks good on you." She looks quite mature with her hair actually. "Why are you here anyway? The party is inside."

"Oh... I was just passing by, I didn't come here on purpose."

Sungjae nodded. He's starting to wonder if she's really Joy even though she already told him that it's her.

She stared at the rain again, into the buildings that can only be seen with their lights, she stared into nothingness.

Why is she not looking at me?

It wasn't like him to seek for her attention because it was always her who asks for his.

She took her phone out of her pocket when her phone suddenly rings.

"Yes Ms. W? Yeah, I'm watching. Really? That was fast. As expected, okay I'll be there in a minute."

Sungjae just watched her talk and when she closed her phone she turned to him.

Joy smiled. "I have to go."

Sungjae frowned. "You're leaving? Where?"

Joy shrugged and was about to leave but remembered something, she turned to Sungjae again.

"It was nice seeing you again." She said then left.

Sungjae just stood there while watching her walk on the rain. She's not the same person he came to know, because he know what the past Joy is like but not the person who just talked to him earlier.

He didn't know that Joy actually hesitated to leave because it's been 8 years since she saw him but she can't because she's on a mission. She thought that she's already over him but her defences broke suddenly, the wall she tried to build all this years just took a millisecond to break when she saw him. But despite that, she tried to talk to him normally using all her might. After all, she's still inlove with him.

She wanted to ask how he's been and if he already has a girlfriend because she saw no ring, so he's still single.

She also know that he was surprised at her sudden change of appearance but not for her. She cried at first but accepted later on. When she cut her hair, she decided to accept any challenges that would come to her life. She faced many hardships when she graduated in high school, not only her father's company was bankrupt but her mother is also in the hospital at the moment, receiving treatments from cancer. Her sister Yeri is still in college. Basically, she's the bread winner in the family.

That's why whatever feelings she still have for Sungjae will have to wait. And she's afraid that once she comes to look for him, there'll be a ring on his finger then. If she do see it, she's certain that she will cry. In the end, she can't do anything for her life now, she can't be selfish like before.

Guess it's going to be the last time that she will see him. Keep her feelings hidden inside her for a long time.

Sungjae snapped back to reality when Hyunsik snapped his fingers infront of him. He stared at his hyung.

Hyunsik smirked. "What are you spacing about? It's unlike you."

Sungjae recalled his conversation with Joy last night. He still can't get his mind off of her. He didn't know why but he should've been grateful for her change but a part of him can't. Maybe he was expecting that she's still head over heels over him. He have to admit, the Joy last night was attractive.

"Nothing." Sungjae replied.

"How was the reunion by the way?"

Sungjae shrugged his shoulders. "It was fine."

Hyunsik nodded his head. "Got girls?"

"Many."

Hyunsik chuckled. "How about the girl you told me about?"

"She doesn't like me anymore, I guess." Sungjae would sometimes talk about Joy to his hyung because she was mostly the girl who was with him in his high school life.

"Really? She must have a boyfriend now."

Upon hearing what he said, Sungjae clenched his fist. Boyfriend? Maybe she really have one, especially now that she's change.

Hyunsik saw the expression on his face and tapped his shoulder.

"Let me ask you one thing, don't you really feel nothing towards her?"

Sungjae looked at him. He never asked that question to him  because he was certain that what he feel for her isn't 'like'.

He was about to answer him when they were called for emergency. They both ran towards the entrance when he saw who was on the bed, he stopped on his track.

It was just Joy who have a pale face while holding her leg soaked with blood.

His heart literally dropped at the sight.

***