Forty Six: Fate

Oak Prince

"Jihoon, don't you fucking touch him!"

Taehyung's voice cut through the air, shocking Jungkook with its strength and closeness. Jihoon's head whipped around and he snarled at the Laurel Prince, forgetting about Jungkook. The blonde ran full force at the man who had tortured him mercilessly, his mind repeating one word over and over again. 

Die. 

The Oak Prince watched as their swords clashed together, the Laurel Prince screaming in anger as he forced himself forward. Jihoon stumbled backwards, the hilt of his sword catching his upper lip. Frowning, he spit out a mist of blood that was freshly leaking out of his lip. 

That a way Taehyung...c'mon!

Before Taehyung moved forward again, Jungkook noticed with distress the blonde's saturated pant leg, spilling maroon liquid in the place where he stood. The ravenette's eyes grew in alarm and he mentally panicked when he realized Jihoon probably noticed it too. 

Taehyung was injured badly...and in a war-

One must always go for the weakness to win. 

The Oak Prince only hoped that Taehyung would defend his hurt leg long enough to kill the man in front of them. Jungkook would have rushed at his uncle as well, but he didn't trust his sword skills enough to risk hurting Taehyung...

So at first, all he did was watch. 

Watched as Taehyung swung at Jihoon with powerful swipes. Watched as Jihoon kept stumbling backward, losing the upper ground. The blonde's lips were drawn into a determined frown, eyes blazing with rage and murder. The Laurel Prince stomped towards Jihoon's figure, the old bastard retreating closer and closer to the edge of the platform they were on.

Come on Taehyung...

The ledge wasn't too high, maybe seven meters tall, but if Taehyung could somehow force Jihoon off of the edge...it could be fatal. Jihoon's face was snarling, his swings becoming sloppier and sloppier as the blonde attacked him over and over again. As Jihoon was nearing the edge, Taehyung's blows only came harder. In his state of combat, the blonde took a large step forward so that Jihoon was only a push away from a launch off of the platform. 

That's when Jungkook saw Taehyung's mistake. 

His injured foot was out in the open, closest to the northern bastard when he lunged forward to push the man off of the edge. Jihoon suddenly smiled, ducking down and kicking at the blonde's weak spot. The Laurel Prince wailed in pain, hardly maintaining his composure as he fought to stay on his feet. Jihoon charged forward then, sword smashing against the other's with great force. Taehyung's sword flew from the his bloody hand, spiraling through the air. The Oak Prince watched in horror as the sword rotated right off of the edge of the platform, out of sight.

"TAEHYUNG!!"

 Jungkook stepped forward, ready to try and save the man he loved.

The ravenette rushed forward as Jihoon was about to slash the blonde's face, parrying the blow with his sword. Jihoon grunted in surprise as his attack was blocked, the vibration of the blow running up his arm. He turned to face his nephew, heavy breaths wracking his lungs and black eyes buzzing with malice. Jihoon lifted his sword to attack the person he was out for in the first place, laughing evilly as Jungkook struggled to block each swing of the sword. 

Jihoon was relentless, swinging his arm again and again with the occasional maniacal shriek as his nephew faltered more and more. The Oak Prince tried desperately to protect himself, sword arm shakily raising up to meet the silver weapon attacking him with his own. Soon, fatigue started to worm its way into his arm, and he started panicking internally.