Forty Three: D-Day

Laurel Prince 

Today was the day. 

The day that Jihoon and his northern soldiers would march to the Oak Castle and attempt to destroy it. Attempt to kill the Oak Prince so that all of Noirwood would belong to him: a psychopath from the far lands.

The day that Jimin would command the Oak Army under title of commander on the front lines. Kill soldiers with his prized sword skills. Try to hunt down and murder the man who tortured the Laurel Prince. 

The day that Taehyung would command the hindquarters of the platoons, organize the flanks, and make sure that the gas masks were distributed properly. He wouldn't be near the battle too much, unless it was necessary. 

The day that Jungkook would be their eyes, their communications, kept far away from the battle. He would be disguised near the statue of his father that was close to the castle, overseeing everything and sending out messengers to take care of any issues that happened on the battle field. 

It was D-Day. 

The Laurel Prince got out of bed and yawned, looking for Jungkook who was sitting awake at the window. Dawn hadn't broken yet, and it was still incessantly pouring rain outside. The ravenette appeared distraught and didn't notice Taehyung walking over to him. 

"Good morning babe." 

When the ravenette didn't answer, Taehyung sighed. 

"It'll be fine, Jungkook. Everything is in place. I'm sure Jimin is already at the barracks prepping his soldiers," the blonde placed a warm hand on the ravenette's upper back. 

The Oak Prince hardly acknowledged the statement, biting his lips hard. Tiny drops of blood spilled from under his teeth, which made Taehyung grab the younger's chin. He tilted Jungkook's head towards himself.

"Seriously, Jeon. Have faith in the process. We'll take care of the battle; you'll be our eyes...We'll kill that bastard today, just think of that!" Taehyung was trying desperately to maintain an uplifting composure. 

Wiping at his lips absently, Jungkook turned to look the blonde straight in the eyes, "I don't know, Taehyung...I just have a bad feeling..."

"Stop right there," Taehyung scolded the younger, "Don't dwell on bad thoughts, they'll only make your performance weaker when the time comes."

Jungkook sighed, standing up off of his spot on the windowsill and turning to the wardrobe. The soft thumping of rain fell on the castle walls in sheets, drowning out the noise of the soldiers preparing their armor and weaponry for the fight. Taehyung followed the ravenette to the wardrobe and both got dressed for the day. The Laurel Prince wore a maroon shirt with tight black pants...but it wouldn't matter, as he would be head to toe in armor in a couple of hours. The ravenette wore the usual: a plain black shirt with gray pants, his pocket watch snuggled to his hip. 

After both were done, the Laurel Prince grabbed ahold of Jungkook's hand. 

"Shall we go now? You can wear a mask and a hat as a disguise; I'll tell anyone who asks that you're one of my staff members..." Taehyung pulled them towards the dresser where several of the aforementioned articles of clothing were sitting, "Here...ah, there you go Kook, looking unrecognizable!"

The younger gave a heartless smile as he put on the disguise, blinking at the door. Taehyung was sure that the Oak Prince was just dying to finally leave the room that he had been "unconscious" in for the last couple of days. 

"Great," there was no enthusiasm in the Oak Prince's voice, "Let's go then."

The blonde lead the other male to the door and opened it, navigating the way to the planning room where Jungkook and two trusted soldiers would discuss their strategy. It was to be secretive; no other staff member or court member in the entire building was to know that the Oak Prince had left his room. Well, the Laurel Prince's room to be exact.