Love And Confusion

~The Next Day~

A lot of boring time had passed and now it was time to get ready for my date. I looked through my closet, trying to find a cute outfit to wear. I wanted to be as casual as possible and not over the top. I decided that I would wear a loose, flowing tank top with a pair of jean shorts. I put on the outfit that I had picked out and then I looked in the bathroom mirror. What should I do with my hair? I thought for a moment before putting it half up. (Sorry if your hair is too short to put up. If it is too short, then just ignore that part.) I thought my hair was still a little too boring, so I bobby pinned a cute, black bow above the hair tie. Since I was already in the bathroom, I brushed my teeth before going back into my room. I put on a cute pair of sandals that revealed my newly painted toe nails and I sprayed some perfume on myself. I think I'm ready to go now. Wilford had texted me last night saying that he was going to pick me up, so all I have to do is tell him that I'm ready. Once I told him, he said he'd be over shortly. I smiled softly to myself before grabbing my purse and heading downstairs. I sat down on my couch and tapped my fingers against my leg. I really can't believe that I'm going on a date with Wilford. I really shouldn't be all that surprised though. He was going to kiss me when we were trying to rescue Bellamy and he kissed me in the shower yesterday. I guess I never really put much thought into it. About how he could like me in the same way I like him. It's quite obvious, he doesn't even try to hide it. I sighed and leaned into the couch more. I'm thinking too much. I looked over the couch and all its details when my eyes landed on a permanent indentation on the cushion beside me. Why is it there? I've always lived alone, right? I hardly ever sit on the couch, so it's not because of me. Then, the weirdest thing happened. I swear I was hallucinating or something. I saw a man sitting on the couch next to me where the indent was. He was saying something, but I couldn't hear him. He looks so familiar, but I don't remember seeing him anywhere. Multiple forms of the man started to appear all around me and they were all doing different things. Some were cleaning, some were yelling, and some were just relaxing. The ones that were yelling seemed to be facing me. All but one had the same angry expression on their face. The one that didn't have as much of an angry expression was crying and yelling. He looked younger than the rest. I stared at him for a long time and I started to hear a little girl's voice. I tried to focus more on that voice and eventually I could hear them both.

"Daddy, please don't cry..." The girl said.

"Shut up and leave me alone! Don't you see what's happened?!" The man yelled in response. "Your mother is gone forever and it's all your fault!"

"How is it my fault?..."

The girl asked this slowly while a few tears escaped her eyes.

"It had to be your fault! Why else would she get sick and never get better?!"

"I miss her too, but that doesn't mean that makes any sense! I-"

"No. Not another word from you!"

The man hit the girl and dragged her away as she pleaded for him to stop. Why does all of this feel so familiar? I don't understand... When they disappeared completely I turned my attention to another image of the man. He was much older than before and he was standing right in front of me. I tried to focus on what he was saying, but as soon as I did his hands were around my neck.

"You're a fucking brat, you know that?! I wish I never got your mother pregnant!" He yelled.

He squeezed my throat harder and I gasped for air. How is he really choking me?!

"I spent my life raising you and this is how you act?! You are supposed to do as you're told! I don't care if you don't like it!"

My vision started to blur and I thought he was going to kill me until something knocked me out of the state I was in. All of the different versions of the man disappeared and Wilford was shaking me.