Memories

I sat around for a while waiting for Wilford to come back inside. I didn't want to fall asleep until he came back. I waited a while longer and he eventually walked back into my room.

"Can we go to bed now? I'm tired..." I said.

"Yeah, I'm just going to change real quick."

"Okay, just shut the lamp off when you're done."

I got underneath the covers and closed my eyes, waiting for the light the lamp emitted to go away so I could sleep. I pulled the covers closer to my body and I soon heard a click, signifying that the lamp had been turned off. He climbed into bed with me and our backs were against each other. I could feel his body heat radiating off of him. I sighed and quickly drifted off into a deep sleep. When I woke up the next day Wilford's arm was wrapped around me like it was every morning. He really threw my rules out the window. I yawned as I moved his arm off of me so I could sit up and stretch. I looked at his sleeping form and realized he had no shirt on. I soon found myself staring. I looked over the parts of his chest and arms that I could see. He's got quite the body if I do say so myself. I'm not attracted to him though, I'm just stating facts. I stopped looking at him and got off of my bed, heading downstairs. My dad wasn't downstairs like most mornings and I was a little worried. Should I check on him?... I will after breakfast. I opened the fridge and grabbed some eggs and bacon. I've been looking forward to having a good breakfast for a long time now. I cracked a couple of eggs into a pan and then started to make some toast. I'm going to make some for Wilford too. I then put the bacon into a pan and started cooking them. Hopefully Wilford will get up soon. When I was just about done cooking Wilford had come downstairs and made himself a cup of coffee. Perfect timing. I put a plate of food in front of him before sitting across from him with my own food.

"Thank you. I wasn't expecting this."

"I thought I could be nice to you for once. I've been quite the bitch."

"It's fine, I get it."

"I guess..."

I didn't think it was okay. I finally decided that he's really my friend and I haven't been treating him very nicely. I've been contemplating it for a while now. A few days ago I probably wouldn't have thought the same way, but he'll probably be in my life for a long time so I need to set aside our differences. I also decided that I should tell him that he's my friend. Last night I wasn't going to, but I should. It's funny how my mind changes so fast.

"I didn't like you at first, which was very obvious, but I think it's about time I stop hating you. I see you as a friend now. I'll accept who you are seeing as you're the only friend I will probably ever have."

"Well, that came out of no where."

"Anything else you have to say?"

"Uhm, no?"

"Are you going to accept me too or what?!"

"Silly goose, I've always looked at you as a friend!" He replied with a smile.

"Really? Even though I was mean to you?..."

"Yes."

"Sorry about that..."

"It's fine. Like I said earlier, I get it."

I smiled at him and then started eating. I don't know what changed my mind about him, but I suppose it makes my life easier by just accepting him. My mind has changed everyday, but as of right now I'm happy with my choice. Yes, I didn't like the fact that we were growing closer at first, but I can just ignore his wrong doings. I'll only look at the good side of him. Speaking of good side, I just realized he's still not wearing a shirt and I could see far more of his chest than I could this morning. I'll admit that that his body looks nice, but I don't like him more than a friend, ya know? But that doesn't mean I can't like his build.