Woods

After two days of training and many ranking fights, everyone was pumped about the new rankings.

We decided to kick back and have a party. We went out in the woods and found a clearing. We hauled branches and trees to the spot and started a fire. Moro and Link came back from their beer run.

We were all having a great time when a commotion started. I and Ashton got up from our spot and walked to the crowd. We pushed through to the middle.

Karter, one of the Royal blood boys that I scoured out, was getting in Aleu's face. "You really think your something don't ya?" Karter pushes Aleu. Aleu stumbles back and smiles at Karter. Karter charges him.

I jump in front of Aleu. "Enough Karter!" He huffs in my face.

He gets toe to toe with me. "Like you could stop me. All you are is a royal bitch who thinks she has power over all of us."

I scoff. "Karter..." He cuts me off.

"Shut the hell up Niko. You're weak. Your a scared little girl who has to have everything done for her. I was so stupid to join your pack. If anything..." He gets inches from my face leaning down to do so. Anger fills me. "I should be the alpha." He slaps me across the face. My head turns with the impact. Jade growls from within me. Ashton walks to me. I put my hand on his chest. "Awe. Look at that folks! Ashton once again comes to little Niko's aid. What is it, Ashton? The bitch can't fight for herself?" I look up at Ashton. Fear fills his eyes. Not for me. Not for himself but for Karter.

He smirks. "Karter, I'm not protecting her." I turn to Karter. Teeth bared. Eyes changed. "I'm protecting you." Karter's eyes get wide. I snarl. Karter stumbles back. I transform into my wolf. He trips and falls on his butt. I walk slowly. My teeth show. Fear in everyone's eyes as I approach Karter. He crawls backward. I hear Ashton's voice. "I wasn't kidding when I said you shouldn't fear anyone else in this pack. The most feared should be the most powerful wolf. Niko is small but don't let that fool you. When she transforms she towers over everyone. Even me. She is a Royal Blood and she is an Alpha. She is the authority. I might be a hot head and scary to you because of my size but she will rip your head off in one swift clean move."

I growl at Karter. Any last words Karter?

"I'm sorry alpha."He cries. I go for his neck but I stop.

I transform back. "Although you tested me, you are an asset to my pack. Touch me again and you will regret it. Am I clear?" Silence. "I said, am I clear!"

He nods. "Crystal."

I turn to the pack. "Any more fights tonight and you will all suffer. Am I clear?!" Everyone nods. I turn to Karter. "You've been warned pup." He nods. I walk toward the house. Ashton grabs my arm. I shake him off.

"Niko." I keep walking. I reach the door. Ashton follows me in. I go upstairs. "Niko, hey!" I stay silent. I look in the mirror at my face and my ripped clothes. I sigh. A red handprint that will for sure turn into a bruise, lays on my cheek. I walk to the closet. I hear Ashton leaned on the door frame. I remove my long-sleeved shirt and stand at the closet in my tight black tank top. My right forearm was wrapped in white gauze. During training, I got cut from one of the sparring fights. "Can we talk about this?" Ashton's voice rumbles throughout the room.

I shuffle through the clothes trying to find something to change into. "Talk about what?"

I can feel his eye roll. "Niko, I can feel you remember? You can't lie to me." I sigh. "Damn it Niko answer me!" He turns me around.

"What do you want me to say, Ashton?! That I'm sick and tired of being me?!" He pushes me to a wall. My back slammed against the wall as does my head. I let out a grunt.

"Never ever say that!" His breath is hot against my face. His voice rings in my ears. He lets go of my arms.

"I'm sorry." My voice is small. He looks up to the ceiling. "I'm just... I hate being this small."

He looked into my eyes. "Ya? Well, I love it. I love that your hand fits right into mine. I love that my hand fits perfectly on your hip. I love when I hug you. It makes me feel as if for a split second I can protect you. Niko I love you. I love your size. Let them doubt you. In the end, you're the one in control. This is your pack." I look down. "I am your mate. We go through everything together."

I look out the window. "Ashton."

"I know. It doesn't really make it better."

"Ashton."

"Niko just listen ok?"

I grab his face and look at him. "Ashton! The moon!" He frowns.

He turns to look out the window. "Shit." It's full. It's a full moon. I look at the bedside clock.

Everyone to the house now! The full moon is tonight. Royal moon's curse takes effect in one hour.

My head was going crazy with people mind linking everyone. I block it out. Ashton grabs my hand. We run down the steps to the basement door. We rush down the steps. Soon Link, Moro, Eathen, Karter, and Gaberial run down the steps. I grab my clothes that I leave down here for this.

"Thirty minutes Alpha." Moro's voice is frantic. The boys and I change. I run to the wall of chains. The boys sit down. Moro and Ashton run around locking the chains. Ashton locks the last one around my neck.

"Moro." My voice is choked thinking of all the pain my pack will be in.

"Yes, Luna?"

"Go upstairs and watch over everyone please." He nods. He pats Ashton's shoulder and heads up the stairs. I hear the door lock. Ashton kisses me. He gets up and grabs a chair. He sets it in the archway to the chain room. He sits down. I hear his watch ding indicating that it's time. I take short breaths. Tears fill my eyes. Tears fill Ashton's eyes.

"I'm sorry." My voice is barely heard.

Crack.

"Ahhh!"