The Pain Of A Full Blue Moon

He is laying on his bed. I hear a chain slightly rattle and see that his foot is chained up. I hear him groan.

My body takes over and I rush to his side. "Are you hurt?" I look him over.

He smiles. "No, I'm fine..." He grabs my hand. "Now." I smile slightly. I feel my eyes turn. I look up. He looks shocked. "Why do your eyes turn purple?" He sniffs the air slightly. His eyes change to light grey. "Wolf." He lets go of my hand and growls at me. A whimper escapes my mouth. I hear footsteps up the stairs.

The door opens and Moro walks over. "What's wrong?"

Ashton looks at me then at Moro. "She's a wolf."

"Well duh! You can smell her from miles away." I look at him with a hurt expression. "It's a dog thing, sweetie. Sorry." My expression changed slightly and my eyes changed completely. Ashton lets out a small bark. I back up into a corner and slouch down to the floor. Darkness engulfs me except for the light blue glow that shines over my eyes.

"Look at her eye color."

Moro looks at me. "Blue? What about it?"

Ashton rolls his eyes. "Unchain me."

"But..."

"Now." His voice is deep and demanding.

I didn't hear a lot about my family as I was in shock and everything about who...what I am. I don't know everything so for him to be short with me is getting frustrating.

In the end, Moro gives in and does what he says. Ashton walks to me. He kneels and looks at me. I look away feeling anger. Not mine. His. He tilts my face to his. He leans in close. It takes my breath away. I feel the change in my eyes and he backs away slowly. My heart is pounding. I tried to slow it down with deep breaths but it was useless.

"Purple..."

Ashton stands up. "Exactly. And do you smell the metallic tang in her scent?"

Moro sniffs. "Ya. She's royal blood." He looks at me with a disappointed but sorry face.

"I never want to see you again. Leave now." He turns from me. I stand up and wrap my arms around his waist. I start to cry.

The rejection hit me like a bullet in the heart. "Wait... I'm sorry to make you so angry but I only found out today about this and now that I'm 16 and apparently I have a curse because I'm royal blood whatever that means and I don't know a lot about alphas so please don't turn on me. You're the only truthful person I have." He grabs my hands making me release his waist. He turns slowly and firmly grabbing my wrist. I hiss in pain. "Ashton, you're hurting me."

"What do you mean by curse?"

I try to remember what my grandfather called it. "The curse of Royal Moons."

Ashton runs to the window and looks outside. "Moro. Time. Now."

"It's 10:00 sir."

"It will begin soon. We need to chain her. Now." He grabs my waist and leads me downstairs.

As he touches me he groans and so do I. "Why the hell is your touch so intense?!"

"1. I'm your mate. 2. It's the blue moon."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

He sighs. "The blue moon is kind of the mating moon. Most baby wolf cubs are conceived on this night. So everything is heightened. When you're with your mate it's really bad but I'm controlling myself as much as possible right now."

"Royal moons curse?" He stops and now pulls me into a hug. He pulls back and looks into my eyes.

He grabs my hand. "The royal moon's curse is the curse of involuntary shifting into wolf form. It was given to the royals as a gift at first to show their strength but over time it became a curse. It happens every full moon."