Pack and Pain

I wake up next to Ashton. I smile at his cute sleepy face. It's peaceful.

I remember the events of yesterday. I sit up and wrap myself in a blanket at the end of the bed.

I start to walk to the bathroom and suddenly realize the amount of pain I'm in. "Damn. I didn't think it would hurt that much." I turn in the mirror and look at the back of my neck. The moon on my neck is now a full moon. One side darker than the other.

Ashton appears behind me smirking. "Looks good." I smile at him. His smile disappears. He turns his head away. "I don't know why your so happy." He sounds sad.

I frown. "What do you mean?" He walks to me and pulls the blanket from my shoulder a bit revealing my collarbone. There is a handprint. Blue, purple, and very prominent. He places his hand there showing me that it's from him. "It doesn't hurt." It truly doesn't but he scoffs and turns to walk away. "Ashton it will heal soon it doesn't even hurt. I left deep scratches on your back but I'm not making a big deal out of that am I?" He turns to me. He is obviously a bit upset with himself. I turn and look at him. I cup his face with my left hand. His eyes slowly go to mine. They lock.

His eyes shimmer in two different colors. "You are driving me crazy. I put you in pain. I don't want to hurt you." Tears well in his eyes.

"Ashton this is nothing compared to what's going to happen in a few days. This pain will go away." He frowns. Confused as to what I'm pointing at. "The full moon is in a couple of days." He looks at me wide-eyed. "I know. We need to talk to the pack. I'm not going to be the only one in pain." He nods.

He then facepalms. "That's why you didn't want to seal the bond because you knew that once it was done everything you feel falls on everyone in the pack." I hang my head. Tears fill my eyes. I cross my arms and turn away and walk toward the closet. He takes my hand in his. I am spun around. He kisses my forehead. "It's not your fault. You didn't purposely make yourself this way. Let's get changed, go eat, and then we'll talk to the pack together ok?" I nod. I hug him tightly. I turn and look through the closet. I decide on an outfit and lay it on the bed. Ashton sits down on the corner of the bed in his black boxers. He watches me.

"A little privacy maybe?"

He rolls his eyes. "Oh. Ya. It's not like I haven't seen you naked or anything." I punch his arm and pout. I begin to get dressed not caring if he stares or not.

 I begin to get dressed not caring if he stares or not

When I finish I look at him. He makes a disgusted face. "What?! It's not like I'm showing anything!"

"No, it's not that it's just... I liked you better the other way." He smirks. Lust and love fill his eyes as they gleam blue and grey.

I move closer to his face. "Ya, I bet you did."

"I did," I smirk and shove his left shoulder so he falls back on the bed. I straddle him and flip my hair to the right side and lean down to kiss him. I move from his lips to his jaw than to his neck.