"Special" Talents

I went straight to the fourth hour after lunch. Mr.Greyback nods to me as I walk through the door.

"What do you want me on today?"

"Quads, please. Oh and Niko?"

I turned back around after I started to walk away. "Yes?"

"There is a new student on quads as well. Make sure they pick up the songs."

"Yes, sir." I go to the back of the room and see the rest of the percussion setting up.

Snare: Paul, Collin, Brady

Bass: Ephraim, Ruby, Ansel

Symbols: Barnette, Eve, Keelin

Quads: me and the new kid.

When Mr.Greyback tells me about the new student I expect it to be a freshman and not an actual new student.

I feel a presence behind me. "You must be the new student." I get up from adjusting my stand and walk by them without a glance. I start to pull down my quads. "I'm Niko. If you're having trouble with something don't be afraid to ask for help." I hear a familiar chuckle. I look up at his face. "You."

"Meeeee." Ashton squints and smiles. I roll my eyes. He frowns. "What did I do now princess?" I turned around. I hate being called that.

I point at him. "Don't call me princess. Get your shit. Let's go." He smiles at me and grabs his stand and the extra set of quads. He sets them up next to mine. I walk to the cabinet where all the music is and pull out the extra music.

"Pull up paint it black everyone."

We get to the part where the percussion is split up into 3 solos. When it gets to the quad part I jam as hard as possible.

After the song ends Ashton looks at me. "Not bad." He smirks. I sassily smile and turn back to the teacher.

"Ok. That was good, let's do Get ready."

Mr. Greyback cuts us off.

He points at me. "Get your flute." We play it again and he nods in approval.

"Four Minutes then split into sections and go practice. Niko. Back on quads."

We do good. We split up into sections and that's how we spend the rest of the hour.

After that, I walk to the choir room with my music in hand. I'm a bit late due to stopping to use the bathroom.

"Sorry, I'm late."

"Don't be late again." I take my seat behind the piano. I nod at the rest of the band in the choir. We have a guitar player, Aleu. So we always smile at each other. The Backup lead vocalist is Jenna. On the bells we have Balto. So I'm glad to have this class. We are supposed to have a drum player but we never could get one. Well until now.

I hear girls squeal and guys groan. I look up at the door and see a careless Ashton walk in.

"Are you stalking me?!"