Chapter 1

This is an AU (alternate universe) fanfic, so basically if I substituted the character's names you would have no idea that it is a fanfic. Please do not abandon this because it is a fanfic. -Cfbear2

Fandom: Pokemon Pairings- mainly contestshipping - May and Drew, pokeshipping - Ash and Misty, and Ikarishipping - Dawn and Paul

Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon, but I came up with this plot

THANK YOU

"The Cacturn Kingdom has invaded even farther into our land."

I heard the uneasy and worried tone in Father's voice. We were all on edge. The Cacturn Kingdom has been on the attack for the past few months and steadily advanced farther and farther into our land.

Lately the family dinner conversations had been becoming more and more solemn. Being the royal family came with many responsibilities. As the princess, mine were much less dangerous and serious than my brother's. He is the heir to the throne, and therefore must be both a military and county leader. He must memorize the geography of our county and know the governments of our enemies and surrounding kingdoms.

And yet, I slightly envied him. Soon I would be married off to some random prince half way across the globe never to see my family or the Beautify kingdom ever again. The worst part is the odds are about a million to one that I will actually love him. My only hope is that he would be tolerable. I had given up any hope of marrying for love around eight years ago.

"They are only miles from the castle. Max and I are going to lead the battle. We are leaving tomorrow."
My heart plummeting farther down into misery, I glanced at my fifteen year old little brother, pleading him to deny father's statement. He looked up at me with dark eyes full of regret and solemnly nodded confirming father's statement.
Mother stood abruptly, eyes beginning to glisten with fear. "Don't go." She begged. The Cacturns were ruthless, slicing through our army with each swing. If they went to the forefront of the battle field, there was a great chance that would never return.

------------------------------------------------------

I stood, sadly staring in to the magenta sunrise, my waist length chocolate brown hair blowing gently in the wind. I squeezed Max, not letting go as if I would never see him again. I might never see him again. I don't want him or Father to go, but there is nothing I can do to prevent it. They are King and Prince, and are simply giving up everything they have to help our Kingdom. Even if they have to give their lives. I only wish they didn't.

The tears were freely falling down my cheeks now. I had asked Dawn not to put any make up on me as it would just be ruined in five minutes any way. Father pulled me in to a tight hug, pouring out as much love as he could in to me.
Max mounted his pure white horse, Ralts. "May... Take care of your mother for me please." Father whispered before mounting his own midnight black stallion. I collapsed on to the soft grass, using the ground beneath me to muffle my cries of pain.

What would I do? I guess for now I would occupy my self with what I usually did to take my mind off of things, even for a little bit at a time. I only had two escapes form my pampered princess life - Torchic, my horse (I usually called him Tor), and self-defense.

When I was little, Father hired private tutors to teach me how to fight if I ever needed it. I had continued lessons as I enjoyed fighting practice after a long day of "Sit up straight! Remember to eat like a lady! Slow down! You have got to be less clumsy!" You get the point.

No one other than my family and a few members of the castle knew of my fighting abilities. (Max was on the receiving end once when he stole my dessert. Both of us got in major trouble for that.) I was quite skilled with hand-to-hand combat, swords, and archery

I sighed and headed to the stables. Might as well go visit Tor. It might relive some of my stress. As I stroked my red and yellow horse, I let my mind wander to what might be happening to Father and Max this very instant. The Beautifly Kingdom needed help, but where could it come from?

The Cacturn Kingdom has captured all of the surrounding kingdoms, minus the Roserade Kingdom to the east. We were on neutral terms. Meaning we don't attack you, you don't attack me.
From what I heard, they had a strong army led by Prince Drew. He was seventeen, one year older than me. He had become the main leader earlier this year, though was not yet known as king as he is not married yet.
We were on our own.