dark times|jack a.

DARK TIMES|JACK AVERY

warning(s): mentions of suicide

the cool marble floor comforted your blazing skin as you curled up on it, heavy tears flowing down your cheeks. your filled the apartment, maybe the whole building with your sobs. you cried out for your bleeding heart

for your dead best friend.

you had spent weeks locked in your apartment ignoring all text and calls from friend and family, forgetting about the essays and test coming up, not bothering to ear or drink. you only stayed in your room crying harder and harder each day you spent with her.

you ignored the people that came to your door concerned for you, either telling them to go away or sitting in the darkness of your room, listening to their fruitless attempts to get you to open the door.

your boyfriend jack had come back from tour a few hours ago and texted and called but you ignored those too.

you're heart felt completely destroyed, wrenched out and crushed.

"why did you leave me?" you cried out to no one, "why? why did you leave me?" a loud cry left your lips as you thought of the smile you'd never see again, her bright eyes that'd you'd never get to complain about not having again, and her loud contagious laugh that'd you'd never hear again.

"y/n?" the door of your apartment opened and closed and you silently scolded yourself of for forgetting about jack having an extra key, "baby are you in here?" you didn't know if he knew about her, the girl that was taken away too soon.

but as he walked through the door of your bedroom, looking around until he saw you lying on the floor, your knees curled up to hide your face as your shoulders shook, you knew he knew.

"oh, baby," he whispered as he walked over to you. bending down he easily picked you up before taking you to your bed, your body instantly curling into his.

"she's gone, jack. she's gone and she's never coming back." you sobbed into his chest as he lied you down, his body coming down with yours.

"i know, baby, i know. i'm so sorry." he pulled you tighter against him his heart cracking at every sob that left your body.

"i-i didn't even g-get t-to say go-good bye,"

"you loved her so much, y/n, she knew that."

"why did she leave me?"

"she didn't want to baby. it was an accident." you thought of how the accident must've played out. how hard the car hit her, how far her car slid before rolling over, how bruised and bloody her body must've been.

"i wanna go, jack, i wanna go."

"what?" jack pulled back a little so he was able to see your face, his fingers coming up to move the hair out of your face.

"i wanna go see her." jacks hear shattered at that, his body tensing because he knew what you really meant. he knew didn't mean going to see her grave, you meant joining her.

"y/n, no. don't say that. don't you ever say that." you sniffled, wiping away the tears in your face as new ones fell.

"why not, jack? it's not like i'm worth anything. i cant wake up everyday knowing i won't be with her. i cant do that."

"y/n, you listen me, don't you ever talk about how you're worth nothing. you don't know how much your worth to not only me but to your family, your friends, even the boys. you came into our lives at a time we weren't doing our best and you stuck around. look at us now y/n, we're thriving and it's because you pushed us past that dark time. you were the light that kept us  going - me going. without you i wouldn't- i wouldn't-" tears began to come out of his eyes as he stared into your eyes.

"i wouldn't be who i am today. i owe so much for it baby. so no, you're not worth nothing. you're worth everything and i love you too much to ever let you say those words."

he hugged you tightly against his chest, tears falling down his cheeks and onto your hair, "i love you, baby. i love you so much." he whispered. knowing you'd hear him through your sobs.

in the dark, you both sat, jack tightly holding you while you sobbed, crying out everything you'd felt, knowing that sometime soon, jack would pull you through this dark time.

message !

-starflowers