let me|jonah m.

LET ME|JONAH MARAIS

song: let me by Zayn

baby let me be your man (let me be your man)

so I can love you,

and if you let me be your man,

then I'll take care of you

you stared in shock at the boy in front of you, the small smirk on his face showing his amusement.

"no, no way." you shook your head.

"what do you mean?" he cocked his head to the side, seemingly genuinely confused. his posture was relaxed, his arms thrown over the back of the couch with his legs crossed.

"Jonah your insane! how much was this?" you gestured to the many bags placed on the coffee table and floor, your eyes widening at some of the brand names on them.

gucci, louis Vuitton, Prada!

"don't worry about that, just open them."

"Jonah no, I can't accept this." you took a step back.

"you can't not accept either, it was a lot of money," he jokingly smiled at you.

"then return it and get your money bag, seriously a bag of chips could've made me happy."

"but I wanted to spoil you." he stood up and walked over to you, "your my girlfriend, and I love you. this is me showing you that." he wrapped you up in his arms, his lips connecting to your forehead.

"Couldn't you have just kissed me?" you looked up at him.

"I could've, which is exactly what I'll do after you open my gifts."

were drinking the finest lable,

dirty dancing on top of the table

you tipped the wine glass back, your tastebuds welcoming the sweet and sour taste that came with it. there was no doubt in your mind that this dinner let alone the wine was affordable, but you let it slide this one time, the alcohol colluding your thoughts.

"c'mere," Jonah reached his hand out, his eyes glazed a soft smile on his lips. carefully you stood and walked over to him, taking his hand and letting you pull him into you, "dance with me?"

you let out a giggle, your forehead laying on his chest, "I can't dance."

"neither can I," he pulled you towards the dining table, not answering when you asked what he was doing. he let go of your hand for a moment so he could climb onto the table, before reaching out for you again.

you climbed up after him, holding tightly onto his hand afraid you'd stumble and fall. you watched him pull his phone out of his pocket, connecting it to the speaker before playing one of your favorite songs. he put his phone away and pulled you into him, smiling as he turned you around so your back was to him.

you moved your hips to the tune of the song, Jonahs hands holding you tightly against him as he quietly hummed along, his lips running up and down your neck. you let your head fall back onto his shoulder, your hands reaching back to run through his hair pulling him closer.

he let one of hands trail down your exposed thighs, his fingers drawing shapes while his other kept a grip on your hips.

long walks on the beach in April,

yeah I promise darling that I'll be faithful

you watched Jonah run towards the water, his shirt unbottoned, flowing behind him. you kept to your spot on a towel, smiling as he hesitated to step into the water.

the beach was fairly empty, only a few people sitting around either reading or running. it was 6:30 in the morning so it made sense.

Jonah had woken you up with kisses, his lips and soft words hoaxing you into following him to the beach. you weren't upset though, you loved every moment you spent with him.

you heard him call for you, his hands waving. you shook your head, knowing he wanted you to come into the water. he tired again put you continued to ignore him until he started yelling your name.

the few people around you looked up at him, before over to you, confused and annoyed. your cheeks warmed but you stayed where you were hoping he'd shut up. instead he began yelling your full name.

quickly standing up you rushed over to him, a frown on your face.

"you are crazy," you hissed as you approached him, stopping just before the water.

"it got you over here didn't it?" he grinned and stuck his hand out for you. you stood where you were, knowing the water was freezing this cold.

"No," you crossed your arms, a slight breeze blowing by ruffling your sundress.

he pouted at you, his blue eyes widening, "please."

you continued to glare at him as you slipped off your slippers, carefully walking into the freezing water, suddenly needing to pee. you held onto his hands when you stopped in front of him lightly shivering.

"y/n," you looked at him, seeing the love and admiration in his eyes, "you know I love you right? more than words can describe."

"I know Jonah," you brought one of his hands up and dropped a kiss on each of his knuckles, "I love you too."

"these past few years with you have been the best. I know there were moments where it was too much but you stuck around, you made me the best man I could be, I could never even begin to thank you for that," he leaned forward and kissed the top of forehead, "but this is a start." he let go of your hands and kneeled onto one knee, a velvet box coming out of his pocket.

baby let me be your man (let me be your man)

so I can love you

message(s) !

I love Zayn, his music and voice is always full of emotions and it really hits.