runner|jonah m.

RUNNER|JONAH MARAIS

a loud knock on your front door interrupted you drooling over the notorious damon salvatore, your favorite character in the show you were currently binging. you sighed before standing up, wrapping your blanket around you as you walked towards the door.

another knock filled the room, this one a bit harder. picking up your pace you twisted the lock before opening the door an annoyed look on your face until you saw the person behind it.

standing in front of you, an angry and hurt expression on his beautiful face was your boyfriend - jonah. his fist was still raised in the air, the sleeve of his black sweatshirt fisted in his palms. his normally messy hair seemed to be even messier as if he'd run his hands through it too many times. his lips were drawn into a thin line as his eyes scanned your figure, his own holding dark circles under them.

"jonah," you breathed into the silence settled between you two, "wha-what are you doing...here?"

his eyebrows furrowed as his eyes glowed in fury. deep down you knew why he was here. but you didn't know what else to say. lowering his hand he placed his hand into the pockets of his joggers his whole body tense.

"can i come in," it wasn't really a question. just a monotone comment that frightened you a bit. he's never appeared this angry with you before.

"yeah, of course." you quickly stepped aside closing the door behind him, letting your hand rest on the cool painted metal surface as you let out a breath before turning to face him.

he had his back to you anger radiating off his body in waves.

"what's wrong?" you stupidly asked taking a step closer to him. a humorless chuckle left his mouth as he turned around to face you, his eyes practically slits.

"'what's wrong' is that my girlfriend avoided me for four fucking days. what's wrong is that i called her thousands of times only for it to go straight to voicemail. what's wrong is that she ignored all of my texts. what's wrong is that i showed up at her place twice before this and no one answered the goddamn door. i spent half a week at home thinking the worst had happened. i called almost everyone that i knew your were friends with until i got ahold of y/bf/n, who told me that you had spent the last few with him/her, and that you were now heading home."

i asked them why you hadn't been answering my calls and texts and she responded with 'she's avoiding you'. fucking avoiding me! for what reason i don't know. i thought i did something. i still think i did. so tell me y/n what is it did i do that had you so upset with me, that you'd deliberately ignore me for four days straight!"

his breathing got heavier as his voice rose with each passing word. his fist were know by his sides, clenched tightly causing his knuckles to turn a pale yellow.

you felt regret stir in your stomach as you looked into his angry eyes. but beyond all the anger you could see the hurt. you could see it seeping past the anger revealing itself, glassing his eyes over.

"why, y/n?" his voice shook a bit as he took a step closer. you tightened your hold on the blanket wrapped around you as you looked away not being able to hold his intense stare.

"i-i was scared." you softly whispered hoping he hadn't heard you.

"w-what?" he stumbled back a bit, "scared of what?" confusion filled his eyes before they widened, "were you afraid of me?"

"no, no baby no! never of you," you hurried forward a bit your eyes widening, "never."

"then what? what was is that had you so afraid you had to ignore me for four days," his anger was slowly coming back.

"i-i was afraid of-of my...my feelings. my feelings for you,"

"what?" he blinked a few times trying to take in what you'd said, a small laugh leaving his mouth. the kind that showed he was about to lose his shit, "i went through all that stress, anxiety, and worry just because you were afraid of how you felt? what is it that you feel? 'cause it must be really bad in order for you to do that!"

"that's the point jonah! that's the fucking point! it's not bad! it's good! it's freaking amazing! i wake up everyday feeling so happy just because i know that i'll be seeing you! i lay awake at night thinking of every thing i did with you that day and end up sleeping with a smile on my face! i find myself staring at you, loving how you make such simple things seem so much more! i love how you wake up in the morning and immediately make a cup coffee, i love how you grab my hand every time we leave the house, i love how you randomly text me compliments for me to read when i'm not busy, i love how you always check in on me, i love how you take time to do something for me, how you answer my 3 am texts and talk with me until i fall asleep, how you play with my hair without knowing it, how you play with my fingers, how you always know what to do,"

i spent all of last week just thinking about that. and then i realized something. something that scared me so much because our relationship was still fresh. scared me because i didn't know what it even felt like until i met you. it scared me because i had never ever loved someone as much as i realized i loved you,"

"so i'm sorry, okay? i'm sorry i ran away from my feelings like a coward. i'm sorry i feared rejection so much i left you to worry. i'm sorry."

by the end you had tears streaming down your eyes, your blanket now on the floor as you brought your hands to your face where you continued to sob. until you felt warm arms wrap around your shoulders.

"oh, baby," jonah sighed as he nuzzled your neck, his lips softly making contact with the skin there, "you shouldn't ever feel afraid of telling me how you feel. especially if you found out you loved me. know why?"

he continued not letting you answer.

"because i love you. i have since the first moment i saw you. but i didn't say anything because i didn't want to scare you."

"really?" you choked as you pulled out to look into his eyes. the anger and hurt had disappeared, replaced with complete love and admiration.

"really," he leaned down kissing your forehead before nuzzling back into your neck.

~

i realized i didn't have a jonah one up so here. also this is old and i didn't edit or proofread so sorry if its bad and cringe-y