nervous|daniel s.

NERVOUS|DANIEL SEAVEY

requested by: _unofficial

daniel paced the living room, his anxiety slowly building up as his palms - which were slick with sweat ran themselves through his hair for the umpteenth time. he was beyond nervous for his date with y/n, it'd be their third. and he hadn't made any intimate moves - besides a hug - towards her.

he was fearing her eventually telling him that they'd be better off as friends since it's how he seemed to be acting around her. but he wanted to be more than that. but he'd always chicken out once he built the courage.

"you'll be fine," sighed jonah whose eyes began to sting from following daniel around the room, "she really likes you too."

"what if she doesn't anymore? like, what if the feelings faded? then what?" daniel froze, his worry growing.

"they didn't," he rolled his eyes.

"how do you know," daniels voice sounded defensive as he glared down at jonah.

"beacause-," jonah stood up to stand in front of the younger boy, "-there's something between you two. something special that can't fade away as easily as you make it seem. so until she gets here, change your shirt - because you're really sweating, and calm down. everything will be fine." he sent his anxious friend a smile with a pat on the back before he pulled away, his lips pulled up in slight disgust.

"seriously dude, change your shirt," daniel let out a shaky breath before ascending the stairs heading towards him and jacks room. with every other step he inhaled and exhaled, controlling his breathing as he slipped through the door and over to his closet where he pulled out a pink sweater.

pulling his shirt off he sat down for a minute letting himself cool off before redoing his deodorant, slipping his shirt on, then spritzing a bit of cologne.

"you're okay," he told his reflection in the mirror, "she likes you too."

just then the doorbell rang, and all insecurities came back.

"daniel! y/n's here!" he faintly heard one of the boys call as he gulped. turning around he began towards the door, taking deep breaths until he was calmer.

"hey dani," your voice filled the room as you smiled up at daniel who was jogging down the stairs.

"hey," he breathed walking over to you, his arms raising to wrap around your shoulders. you copied his actions, your arms holding his torso.

"i'll leave you two be," pulling away you both looked over to the forgotten boy - zach who had opened the door for you. you watched him walk away, pausing at the entryway of the kitchen to send daniel a wink and thumbs up.

daniel rolled his eyes at the action, his own appearing actions calm. despite the raging storm of nerves going on in his head.

"shall we?" he heavily swallowed moving out the way and gesturing to the living room.

"we shall," you giggled, your own nervousness taking over as you played with the hem of your shirt. you both walked over to the living room, you to the couch while daniel went to grab their box of movies.

"genera?"

"uhm...your favorite movie."

"that's not a genera,"

"i'm making it." a sly smirk reached your lips as you watched him pull out a dvd, placing it in before joining you in the couch remote in hand.

he sat close to you. your knees and arms brushing with every small movement. he wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around you and hold you as the movie began but he was to afraid you'd push him away.

you yourself wanted him to do so to, but when he didn't, it confirmed a bit of your suspicions that maybe he just wanted to be friends.

little did the other know that they wanted the same as them.

| |

as the movie progressed, you and daniel had somehow gotten closer. your knees were right beside each other and your arm was a little over his. your fingers tapped your knee, another anxious habit of yours as you built up the courage to lean your head on his shoulder.

daniel himself kept internally screaming at himself to make a move. to wrap his arm around your shoulders. but he didn't. he stayed completely still while he argues with his thoughts.

slightly, you tilted your head in the direction of his shoulder, barely noticeable. from there you continued on, slowly leaning against him until
your head rested comfortably against his shoulder. one second passed. then two. eventually a whole minute did and you were about to pull away, disappointment painting your insides when he finally pulled his arm up, sliding it across your back so that he could pull you into him.

you were now lying on his chest his hand rubbing up and down your arm. a toothy smile came upon your lips as you snuggled into him, glad to be in this position. feeling braver than before you reached over for his other hand, intertwining your fingers.