|Broken hearts

It's a good day.

All of us were on the green grass, girls on one side and boys were lying five feet apart from us. We were relaxing after a long time, cause our Exams just finished. We couldn't be more thrilled, these last days we didn't even get to rest like this, we were mostly inside the libraries. Ally was sitting next to me, I think she was dozing off since her eyes were closed and a backstreet boy's song was blaring from her head phones. Marissa and Fathima were discussing questions that came on exam and I seriously hate that. When its over, it should be put away and not discuss about it since past is past.

"Oh please ! I'm always right" Mehara was scowling at me and under her breath muttered,

"Orangutan" I narrowed my eyes, cause I've heard that so I called out loudly.

"Chimpanzee" I smirked at her and then it was on.

"Gorilla"

"Baboon"

"You -" Mehara was cut off by Justin Anderson whistling at us, both of us looked at him with scowl on our face.

"You guys do realise that both of you are calling each other different breeds of monkeys. So why not stick to monkey, instead ?"

We both chuckled at that, Seth and Dan were lying on the grass and talking in hushed whispers. Dan never talks to me now, he's always avoiding me and when we cross path he just gives me a small smile and thats it. I remember the prom day where he said 'I'm sorry', what did he mean by that ?

"Hey guys don't forget about our match !" Seth said sitting up and reminded of our final match coming up within two days.

"Yeah yeah don't forget to put 'Justin is cool' Tshirt" Justin smirked which led Marissa roll her eyes and say,

"Oh why not something like 'Kick Justin out, victory ours', eh ?" Justin's smirk drops and he glared at Marissa huffing annoyingly.

"Izza are you ready for the big match ?" Fathima asks and I smiled at her

"Always".

"What - what did I miss ?" Ally said rubbing her eyes from the deep slumber she took.

"You are the lucky fan of today ! Backstreet boys would like to have a dinner with you !" Marissa said cheerfully and Ally's eyes widens, maybe the thought of her dream finally coming true. She always dreamt of that handsome guy named Nick carter. Then her eyes were shooting draggers at Marissa when realisation hits.

"Shut up Marissa".

"You fell for it. What ? Had a dream of kissing Nick carter again ?" Marissa said cheekily and Ally blushed hard in embarrassment. She glanced at Dan who was still lying on the grass, his eyes aimed up at the blue sky and she had noticed the small smile playing on his lips.

"Marissa !" Ally screamed standing up then started walking fastly towards Marissa who had already begun to run. Then we all were laughing as we watched Marissa running and shrieking on the way with Ally hot on heels. Ally looked scary.

"Justin is rubbing on her" Mehara said referring to Marissa's annoying behaviour these days.

I smiled then looked at Justin who've got a smirk on his face later earning a punch from Seth. I looked at Daniel who has his eyes closed and taking deep breaths. I hope one day we will be back to friends just like how we were - when we first met and stay like that, as friends. I looked up at the sky, saw the fluffy clouds and tried to imagine them as different things. I wished this day would end happily too.