|Sherlock and Watson

Hospital scenario.

Whenever I come here, I always noticed that each day ten or more patients arrived. I would watch the family cry over their beloved one who is being taken away and would helplessly stand there. Walking towards Yussa's room I saw the little boy again.

He was so small, about eight year old or something. He had curly brown hair and blue eyes. Everyday when I visited Yussa, I had to go through him because he was always there sitting with his parents in front of the doctors room. Since this floor is a cancer unit, I know for sure that he will be having cancer and he's also wearing a mask over his mouth.

I visited Yussa after school and that's evening time, so unfortunately this boy has got check up at the same time. He used to watch me with those peircing blue eyes when I walk out of the elevator and pass him. But I'd never look at him because I know if I did, I'll have to face one another heart break.

When I come back to take a cup of coffee he would watch me again. Apparently I was his entertainment. At times he would make a movement to come towards me but then he'll go back and sit with his parents. He had seen me smacking Ahsan's shoulder and launching myself on to the back of Yousi. He had seen me playing with Yaya, when I get bored I play with the softball and of course I had gotten myself scolding from everyone on this floor.

When they threw daggers at me only that little boy's eyes twinkled because I don't know whether he was smiling because of that mask. I don't even know his name and I don't want to. When he enters the doc's room I had seen how his parents had cried in each others arms. If I become friendly with him, I know for sure that I'll regret that because I know he will be next. Because you can't stop fate playing and I didn't want to be in his fate.

So when I walked out of the elevator I saw him and he once again looked at me. I walked with slow strides. What's the worst thing that can happen ? My inner self spoke,

"He always wait for you to come and everyday he dreamt that you'll talk to him today. But when you won't, he will make himself assure that the next day you will talk and then it repeats. He just wants company and he adores you so much. He is dying, can't you at least show some sympathy ?"

He was still watching me with those blue eyes and I was about to pass him just like any other day. But I heard him sigh in defeat and that clenched my heart knowing how much he hoped, hoped that I would talk. So I walked backwards and stood right in front of him. He was looking down but when he saw my converse, he quickly looked up.

Damn those blue eyes twinkled and I know for sure he might be smiling wider under that mask. Even I was smiling and I sat right next to him. I saw him pinching his hands to make it sure that this wasn't a dream. I giggled at his antics and here I was being a beetle. I should have come to him before, he's such a cute one.

"Hello" I said with a small smile on my face.

"Hi " he said his voice was gruff and hoarse since he's wearing a mask.

"What's your name Captain America ?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him with a goofy smile. His eyes widened when I called him the super hero he liked since I had seen him playing with the toy.

"Adam and yours ?" He asked.

"Izza" I replied back.

"You know Captain America ?"