Coward

"Akialine?" Akia's father Arthur said pointing the candle light he was loving towards the girl and boy on the floor.
"Papa." Akia gasped shoving the boy away from her body.
"What are you doing here?" Akia asked but the older man wasn't interested in answering without first finding out what they were doing holding each other in the dark in their garden.

"Everett?" The general said voice low.
"Yes General Kenya." Everett said straightening up his form. The older man hated any form of slouching
"What were you two doing?"

"Talking, just talking."
"You couldn't talk as we are now?, do you require to be in someone's embrace before you can hear them? Because I can hug you if that's what you need to understand me right now." The general said voice stern and frighteningly authoritative.
"N-" before Everett could finish the burly man wrapped him up in a tight hug. Squeezing him entirely too tight.

" how's this son?" General Kenya said loudly and Akia giggles.
"It's nice to see you again kid." The general said soften his hold. Everett relaxes no longer feeling the pain of being squeezed or the discomfort of anxiety.

"You too general." Everett said as the general pat his back. As they hugged, the sound of numerous footsteps begin to approach them.

Akia turns to look in the direction of where they are coming from and she sees the king with his guards walking confidently behind him in the warm night.

"Your majesty." Everett spoke first surprised. He bows immediately and Akia bows as well followed by the general's shorter swifter one.

"My king what do I owe this visit?" General Kenya said.
"I was going towards the palace for the night and decided to check up on your lovely home." The king said eying Akia,
Who avoids his eyes.

"I would ask you the same question Arthur." The king said and the general who is obviously made uncomfortable by the King's presence answered.
"I was sent a letter from northern wales, they spoke of a vampiric invasion and I went to assist in the termination of said invasion." The general said.

"I assumed you were going wall you should've educated me on the fact that you didn't have that destination in mind, or on this vocalized vampiric invasion." The king said tone very low and dark.
He assumed that the soldier was acting out, suddenly undermining his control over him.

"They say a good servants takes care of a problem before the employer even notices it."

"They say a Slave should tell their master where they are going under any circumstances. How else are they to remain helpful to the master if they are not in a position where they can be called upon." The King's words were unnecessarily degrading and Akia hated it to her core. The king was never like this to her father before. They acted as friends before this, she'd even caught them nonsensically socializing on more than one occasion.

For the king to reduce him to a mere slave because of their faulted relationship because of Akia made her feel terrible inside.

"I understand, I won't do it again." General Kenya said and the king hummed.
"Begin your journey to the wall before day break tomorrow." The king said and
Akia's mouth gaped.
"He just got here." She said trying to hide the whine.

"Yes so he shouldn't have much trouble packing." The king said.
"But- why does he have to leave so soon-" Akia said voice cracking.
"Akialine, I understand I set a bad example for you in the past but You do not question the king, do you understand me?"
"But - that's not fair. Why's he talking to you like you were deserting and not helping people like you've been doing everyday of your life." Akia whined tears in her eyes.

Her father shot her a glare and she wiped her eyes before they fell.
"Akia! Watch your mouth! I'm sorry your majesty I'll make sure she's punished for her disrespect." The general said and Akia's eyes well up some more. Her father had never punished her, she's never done anything to warrant it.