Pagaent: dress rehearsals

Recap: April and Donovan are reunited after Donovan's presumed death. The king decides to throw Akia a pageant and invites her friend Eleanor to the palace. Eleanor begged Akia to convince the king to allow her to marry the man she wants. Lady Kenya meets two women and exposes the location of the Stone and they set out to retrieve it.

in the last chapter preparations started for the pageant at the palace including the king indirectly undermining the queen's command.

Previously, the ocean king referred to Apollo the siren who saved Akia as Asuka. Just keep that in mind.
-

"What are you doing here?" Donovan asked and April shrugged.
"I think i may have upset the king."

"Why exactly are you here?"
"I got exiled from the kingdom." April said and Donovan cracks up.
"You're joking." Donovan said still chuckling. April rolled her eyes with a smile appearing on her face.

"You're not joking are you?" Donovan asked and April shakes her head. They both start laughing, both not really sure what they were laughing at.

"I've eaten people and stayed in the kingdom, how did you get exiled."
"I think my huge mouth may have had something to do with it."
"I'm blown away." Donovan said laughing until tears started falling down his cheek.

"It's not that funny." April said after explaining what happened to her in the palace.

"I just think that it's humorous how you went there thinking you were some knight ready to rescue a princess and instead you got kicked on your ass and then exiled.
"The king has not seen the last of me." April said.

"Usually when people are exiled to war, they start to think that maybe they were not in the right to begin with. You on the other ha-"

"I'm going to show everyone the king's true nature." April said staring up at the sky where flying humans were fighting soldiers who were on top of the wall shooting arrows at them. She saw one soldier plummet down from the very tall wall after being kicked of by the monsters.
"Why are we trying to bring down the king again?, i heard he's very understanding."

"It's not about who he is, it's about what he is. He's a witch Donovan. A witch cannot be in charge of our protection as humans."
"Didn't he exile his family under the same pretense?" Donovan asked.

"My point exactly." April said and Donovan is taken back.

"Are you sure this isn't about your sister?" Donovan asked.
"Are you jealous your sister is married first and to a king no less?" Donovan asked and april hit him in the chest. He crutches over in pain.
"Don't be an idiot, she's not married." April snapped and Donovan put his head down.

"Sorry."

"Besides me and akia are sewed by different cloths, we never had the same destiny from the very beginning. I can't be jealous when our paths were never the same in the first place. She's been mother's pet human from the beginning while I was mother's failed project. I don't mind though, mother used to have her waist tightened up with a corset while she slept, she'd wake up every morning with hideous bruises on her stomach, the corset was part of her skin for most of her life. better her than me I always said."

" anyway This is how we do it, we go around and gather all of the king's children and find out how they survived and what kept them alive and then we share it with the whole world. We take him down by getting him overthrown by the people." April said crunching over as well.
"That doesn't sound very smar-"

"I'm in, can I come?" A naked girl comes out the woods and April raises an eyebrow.
"It's not like that." Donovan explained.
"I'm sure." April said eying the girl before turning away from the naked people.