Rage

"You- Everytime I feel even a tiny bit sorry for you, when I think fine it's a terrible situation but I'm okay, I can make it I can do it and you go ahead and pull something else- Goddess I'm-" Akia takes a second and practiced breathing exercises her mother had taught her and April as children. Close your eyes, take deep breaths and count till 30.
A lady must be able to maintain her temper she said . It was usually very effective on April but apparently not on Akia.

She screams in frustration.
"I HATE YOU TOO. I HATE YOUR STUPID FACE, I HATE YOUR VOICE, I HATE YOUR SCENT, I HATE THAT YOU'RE KING, I HATE THAT I HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU. I hate you too. But the difference between the two of us is that even though I hate you I would never purposely do anything to hurt you. I can't sit down and eat knowing that you're sitting here alone in the dark feeling sorry for yourself. My hate for you is so much different than yours because I still want you to thrive. I still want you to sit on your throne and lead your kingdom. I want you to be better Octavius, I want you to be the kind of person that I couldn't possibly hate. I'm stuck here like you said but it doesn't mean here can't be somewhere that I'd love to be." Akia ranted, her idealism and optimism getting the best of her even if her first moments of pure anger.

"What?"

"I want to start over." Akia said standing up to her feet. She puts her hands in front of her and hopes she doesn't trip on anything as she goes looking for the king. She walks for a while in silence before her hand brushed against something. She rubs her palm on the soft feeling of the thing.

"Stop touching me." The king said and Akia retrieves her hand before feeling around and finding a spot somewhere besides him to sit in the darkness.
"How'd you two meet?" Akia asked,
"I don't want to talk about it." The king said annoyance very evident in his tone.

"When did you first realize you loved her?" Akia asked a different question.
"You do register the fact that I tried to kill you yesterday and the day before that. You should be able to discern the fact that I don't want you around me." The king said and Akia pouts in the darkness.
"That's true but I know that deep down inside your heart you don't want me to die." Akia said "it's obvious that you could kill me at a snap of your fingers but you don't because you not only don't want to but you also know you can't."

"So go ahead and Choke me all you want."
Akia laid back on the grass underneath them.

"I've always known her, I suppose. She was picked to be one of my wives long before any one of us could form sentences. She was unique from the start with red hair and those sun drops on her cheek, always the quiet one, poise and polite to the very end. the other girls were always trying so hard to get along with me. Agreed with me about everything no matter what and They were always giving me their food and drinks and smiling. goddess they smiled so much, I guess I liked that her smile, which I only saw directed towards my mother was reserved just for special occasions.

She also never shared her food, not with me or anyone else. When I turned 13 it was time to make the decision. Who I was going to marry between the 5 of them. My father the classless bastard always wondered why I even had to choose. He wanted me to keep them all. My mother on the other hand was very adamant on there being only one wife so the queen's throne was never considered a consultation prize for being my favorite wife. She wanted the seat to hold authority that was given to the most qualified candidate not just whoever's tits had grow in first. Those were her words. Back then I wasn't really focused on marriage, so I didn't make a choice. My father upon hearing my lack of interest decided to choose for me."

Akia listens intently as the king speaks

"It was only when someone other than Marilyn was chosen when I realized I wanted no body else. I remember her shocked face, the regret and shame that came after the announcement. The bottomless sadness in her eyes and the quivering of her lip. I wanted to protest then, say I wanted someone else but I couldn't bring myself to go against my father. Not in the presence of the King's men anyway."