She's not special

The king had completely forgotten about the siren the moment he left Akia's chambers. He was overwhelmed with a feeling of dread, so much so that his heart was wrenched in fear and need for atonement. Although this feelings were not towards Akia but the queen.

If Akia descended towards the throne as the queen mother the queen would lose her mind and Then the king would've broken about every promise He gave the queen. He couldn't live with himself if he hurt her. She was the only family he had left. The one person who was with him through the war and worst the banishment of his family.

She'd held the king for hours as he tried not to sob as the lost child that he was. She had cried for him, she'd wrapped him up tightly and swore she'd take all the pain away if he just let her hold him.

The king feels his heart swell up painfully. It tightens, he places a hand on his chest.
Perhaps he didn't have an attraction towards the queen. He would allow that to be said. The problem might've not even been her body but rather her and the bond they share being so strong that they didn't need to have sex to be fulfilled in someway, at least not together anyway.

The king could sit besides the queen all day in silence and not a moment would go by when he'd crave for something. He wouldn't need, wouldn't want. He'd just be.

Because she knew him in and out it was easy to not feel alone with her. Because she loved him like she was his mother and simultaneously his friend and lover, he was never afraid he'd do something hideous morally enough to drive her away. She'd never leave, never not love him.

she'd promised him after he'd come back from war with bloodshot eyes and dried blood on every inch of his skin with no wounds. She'd promised never to see him as anyone other than the person she first met as he trembled in fear at his own reflection.

So despite how many heads the king had made roll, to the queen he was still the prince that had saved her from her prison.

In exchange the king had promised her his kingdom and himself. Perhaps it may have been too much to offer someone but back then his negotiation skills lacked in every manner.

Akia fills him up with lust and dread. There's a deep wanting for her he feels inside him. It's strong, and yet the guilt of having hurt her keeps him away. It acts as kind of a symptom repressor for the lust.

Akia stealing a title he'd one day wanted to bless his queen with despite the fact that she was never able to conceive a human like child was something he couldn't allow to happen.

Around the castle people already addressed the queen as such. she has never outwardly acknowledged it but the title sure made her a little giddy.

the king turns to face Akia's chambers, he lets his mind swim away from him into a very dark place.

He thinks he could hurt the girl into getting that thought out of her head. Perhaps being cruel would deter the girl from the throne. He could steal her voice, keep it in a bottle till she's more worried about her mutism than she is about a title. He was part witch,he could conjure up a spell that'd do just that.

His magic was very unstable and because magic in itself is toxic to the mind it probably wouldn't stop there.

Using magic was like a drug for witches. Once you start you never want to stop. It over takes your mind gives you an unnatural power over others leaving them vulnerable and making you more susceptible to your darkest desires.

He was already a very powerful man. Using magic now would only anger the earth. The earth was an evil bitch when it was angry.

Besides, the dread of hurting the girl some more might finally kill him from the inside.