Goddess

"I know a short cut, but if we'd have to go there before dawn." The woman said.

"We?" April scoffs backing up.
"The path is hard to find and sending you there alone would just be asking for something horrid to happen to such a youthful woman."

April eyed the girl, although something about her was vaguely familiar and it slightly comforted her. It also made her very uncomfortable.

"Why would you do that for some stranger?"
"Stranger?, stranger where?. I thought you were April Kenya the daughter of Royal General Kenya." The woman joked and April eyes her some more.

"Alright then, we should embark together but first I must go get my traveling partner." April said and the Woman laughs.
"Your horse is right behind you."

April walks out of the forest and onto the ground clearing she'd left Donovan at.

She hears the sound of soft sobs.
April looks around for the cause when she sees Donovan leaning on a large rock crying his eyes out.

"Did something happen?, are you hurt anywhere?." She questioned before bending down in front of him to look at his body.

The man looks up at her and more tears welled up in his blue eyes.
"Y-you came back." He stutters out and April froze.

"What?" April asked confused.
"I thought you left me.. but you came back-" Donovan says and April stands up.
A bitter laugh leaves her chest.

"Are you some kind of idiot or something?, a mistake of birth..? " She asked and Donovan shook his head with a dopey smile on his tear stained face.

"Wow... I'm Wow- I- get your ass up before someone sees you. What kind of man?, what kind of man cries out like this in public." April asked completely flabbergasted.

"Don't judge me.. you're the woman who carries three knives with her at all times."

"What's wrong with that?" April snapped.

"Nothing.. I just meant you were special to me because you were the woman who carried knives, if I lost you who will I meet like that again. I really don't find anything wrong with your uniqueness so why do you find my sadness over being left alone mockable." Donovan said and for a second April felt her heart skip a beat.

She clears her throat.
"We have to go, The woman I just met said that's a path that can get us there before night falls."

Donovan nods and smiles brightly at her.
She clears her throat once more and looks away.

"Did you hunt well?" April asked walking in the direction she just came from.

"I ate a deer." Donovan said proudly following behind her.

"What'd you use to kill the deer?"

Donovan looked around, suspiciously.
"A rock?"
"You killed a deer with a rock?"
"Yes?"

" are you asking me?" April asked and Donovan avoided eye contact.
"I killed the deer with a rock, it wasn't paying much attention."

"Wow, sometimes you can be cool." April said and Donovan smirked.
"Did your heart flutter just now, now that you've seen how manly I can be?."

"You'll never be manly to me after seeing you cry like that." April said and Donovan bit his lip. "Back home.. did you have any suitors?" Donovan asked and April turned to him with furrowed brows.

"What's it to you?"
"Just curious."

"I used to have suitors when I was a girl, men would line up just to see me." April said as if it was all a distant memory, to Donovan she still looked like a girl.