Flower of the south

Akia remembers everything that happens that night as she's laid in a random bedroom to sleep.

" My lady, you must stop struggling. If we were to hurt you.. our hands would be cut off." One of the maids said gripping tighter on Akia's legs.
After hearing the maid's words Akia stopped struggling, they were just doing what they were told. They shouldn't be punished for something they have no control over.

Akia was in a grand wooden tub, the water was tinted white from the heat, covered in flower petals and the scent of rose and vanilla extract.
Two maids held her hands up while another two with sharp edged blades in their hands shaved her.

She lets herself be shaven, completely hairless. She lets her hair be washed, massaged then held up and decorated in two tight braids to the back of her hair.

The braids were then decorated by expensive hair wear. Akia only ever wore her mother's old broken head wears because they were overly expensive and she didn't want to break or ruin them. Her mother also simply didn't permit her any, she said the hair wear was a gift from her husband and that Akia will receive her own when she also found a husband.

After the finish another maid came between her legs with some sort of milk and small tray of towel strips.

Akia shakes as she remembers the blinding pain she felt as the ripped hair from her most sensitive area. With the many hands holding her down again there was nothing she could do but face the sizzling pain.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Akia cried and the maid with the towel like slips in her hand shot her a sympathetic look.
"The king doesn't like body hair." She replies curtly before asking for Akia to be turned so she could an even more private part of her.

Despite her cries she was made completely bare with the warm buzzing of pain under her skin. They placed aloe Vera on the areas they had to shave, before wrapping her in a robe and walking her to a bedroom next to the palace hall.

Akia fell asleep, it's only when she wakes that the fear settles into her skin again. It happened so quickly, from the state of blissful sleep to pure panic like the sudden transition from being sober to dazed drunk.

She stands up and walks passed the furry area around a high bed to the cold area marble area leading to the door. She twists the handle but she's unable to open the door. She walks around the empty room looking for a window she could leave out. That's when she heard the chirping and the clicking on glass. She lifts her head up in search of the sound only to find a giant hole in the high ceiling. A pretty blue jay aggressively hitting the window.

It seemed to be looking at her with curiosity. she lifted her hand up and it flies away.
Akia continues her search for a windows  but finds nothing but mirrors. She's captured by her appearance, she brings shaky hands to her face. They hadn't stopped manipulating her looks even in her sleep.

Her eyelids were now underlined with a reddish brown tint. Her cheeks reddened with some kind of powder and her lips stained red.
She cannot look away.

The door opens snapping her away from her daze. She makes a sharp turn to look at the person who opened the door.

It's a taller girl who walks in holding a large tray. With big greenish brown eyes, paper pale skin and short straight shoulder length hair. Her nose is small and narrow, she's pretty.
Akia remembers her from the bath, she remembers she helped braid her hair

The large tray she carried effortlessly was filled with fried and boiled eggs, toasted bread, soup and roasted sausages. A medium sized bowl of separated Cut apples, oranges and pears on the side.