Seeking Marriage

"Will you marry me?" April whispered into Donovan's ear with a short chuckle. Donovan choked on his own bloody spit.

"Y-yes, yes I would marry you any day of my life." Donovan said, his honey brown eyes shining blue for a second, frightening April and bringing her to the real world.

"You're a moon creature aren't you?"
April asked, voice unshaken. She wasn't afraid of the man standing in front of her. Even if he was naked and covered in blood.

"I was going to tell you- I was afraid you'd be afraid. I-I would never-"
"Relax, I kind of figured. I usually attract strange men but I've never met an emotionally weak man who could kill a deer with a rock so, I supposed I had some kind of clue." April said casually dusting herself off.

Donovan's whole chest felt like it was compressing. His head was spinning he was utterly overwhelmed by April's words alone.

"You're not afraid?" Donovan asked, voice cracking as he speaks.
"Of your weak ass?... try me." April said lifting up her knife to point it at Donovan's heart.

"Last I remember you were running away from a bird." Donovan said with a small laugh, his whole being felt an unfamiliar gush of happiness and relief.

"I was caught off guard, that thing was freaky. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking abou-" April's sentence were interrupted with muscular arms wrapping around her waist once more.

"Thank you for coming back." She says as She wraps her arms around the man.
"I'll always come back for you."

Donovan leaned in, and April turns her head. Donovan stares down to her lips unsure of whether he should go for it or not.
He gives into his own desires since April doesn't move away.

Donovan moves close enough for their nose to brush against each other and the heat of their faces meet.
April places a hand on his cheek, slapping him gently.
"It's gonna take a lot more rescues for a kiss." She whispered near his very close lips.

"How many more?" Donovan said.
"I'll tell you when you make the mark."

"That hardly seems fair."
"Deal with it loverboy." April says before walking away from him and towards the wall.
-

Guards watch as the king paced, he's nervous. They can tell and it's making them equally if not more anxious. The king isn't usually the kind of person who shows anxiousness. He's usually calm and collect during the worst times.

Throughout wars and drought their king has been calm and it's taking Akia moving back into her room after being hospitalized to bring him into a panic.

He had even tried to not show his angst, he had walked into the throne room with his shoulders high. he'd listened and answered the questions of the civilians in a relaxed manner as always but the moment the last civilian left the throne room doors. The king's shoulders had fallen and his breath had picked up.

It didn't help that Akia had refused to see him the entirety of her month in the hospital.

She had turned away from him, showing her king her back, which if a civilian ever did, they would stay alive long to tell the tale.

He started shaking since then, something inside him starts chewing at him. His magic curling inside him as the restlessness continues.

He doesn't want to force her although he could've have.

Juliet stifled watching him pace like this.