Potion or poison?

"Witches entered my palace, what in the sun's name allowed you all to be so idiotic." The king yelled, his voice booming like thunder in the winds.

All the guards in the palace where in front of him. all on the floor with their heads down too frightened to move an inch, in fear of evoking even more irritation for the king.

"We are impotent and we deserve death your majesty." The layout of more than 200 guards said in sync, the line was used too often in the palace by the guards.

"If that's what you all wish then so be-"

The guards jolt up to look at the majesty, usually they'd assume he was joking but his emotionless tone proved them otherwise.

"Your majesty, the queen informed us that they'd be coming. We as humble servants only followed the queen's order-" one guard shouted out in fear of his life.

The rest gasped and looked at him with pleading eyes, begging him to shut himself up.

The king stands up, his shoulders high and his face twisted in a glare.
"Surely you aren't using the queen as an excuse for your impuissant attempt at any and all aspects of your job."

"I apologize if my words sounded disrespectful your majesty but I know you to be the kind of man who listens to reason."

"Reason... reason you want me to listen to your reason when I can't even step foot in my own palace in fear of there being a hex placed upon it."

The guard couldn't respond anymore, even the courageous guard wouldn't be stupid enough to continue to speak when the king was practically boiling up with anger.

The king walk passed the bowing guards on the floor without relieving them from their position insulating that that was their punishment.

The minute the king, clast and Michael's footsteps couldn't be heard the guards rejoiced, this punishment was far better than the hanging they expected.

"Oh how merciful" one guard said to another.
"Our king is a good king who reasons." The other whispers back.

"We must never let something like this happen again." The first guard says and the other nods.

Rare green energy traveled up the king's tan wrist. He noticed and then swiftly shoved his hands in his robe pockets.

"Where's Akia?" The king asked and clast was of course expected to response because obviously the question wasn't for Michael.

"She's outside Of the palace.. in a farmer's shack north of here."
"And the queen?"
"She should have reached her family home in Calasberia."

"I see, I'll visit Akia first before I start my trip to the queen."
"Yes your majesty." Clast said.

The king spotted Akia sitting down on hay and staring blankly at the chickens feeding in front of her.

He walked over to her and she seems to stiffen.
" I'm sorry about what happened?, to have let your safety be compromised like that."

"It's okay." Akia said not making eye contact with the king.

He sat on his knees in front of her and tried to get her attention.
"is anything the matter?, have you been feeling strange?. The witch doctor said there wasn't any spell out on you but with witches you can never be sure."

"I'm okay, nothing weird has happened so far." Akia said still avoiding eye contact with the king.

"my king's okay?" The king said softly, Akia turns towards him to see his soft eyes before she hurriedly turned away.
"The doula said he's doing just fine." Akia said her tone snappy and impatient.