The pagaent: orgins

A/n: I just want to say that it's okay to be confused while reading this book. Everything will be revealed soon enough. Then you'll understand everything from the beginning. So even if things are confusing now, just bare with me.

The next day, the palace was buzzing with activities. Servants running left and right looking for things to help decorated the giant stage with.
Akia and Eleanor spent the morning feasting on fruits. When midday came Eleanor was nowhere to be found. That's how Akia found herself helping Mina pick flowers in the garden alone.

"Mina?" Akia asked as she leaned down with the clipper to snap apart a tulip.

"Hmm" the maid hummed carrying her basket of flowers to the other side of the garden.
"Do you ever think about marriage?" Akia asked and Mina nods.
"Sometimes, why?"

"Will you ever get married?" Akia asked knowing that every servant's contract was different. In her home servants can get married and has children but only on the basis that their children will also be servants to their household until they are capable of buying themselves out of the contract. Their compound didn't own slaves, all workers were paid livable wages.

"The decision is the king's alone to make." Mina replies and akia pouted at the indirect answer.

"Lets say, there was this big buff guard, he's like this high" akia said standing up on her tippy toes and holding her hand up above her head.

"And he had like these big muscles
with like really nice plump lips.. oh and very bright green eyes with southern skin. Nice and dark." Akia said and Mina raised a brow.
"Have you been having unholy fantasies my lady?" Mina asked and Akia laughed awkwardly.
"He's not for me, he's for you."

"If you say so my lady."

Akia sighs, " sometimes even if it's for a second i think, this isn't so bad" Akia said and Mina nods.

"I know precisely what you mean."
"How did you come to the palace?" Akia asked cutting yellow tulips.

"My family is not wealthy, they weren't wealthy i should say. Every now and then the king needs additional assistance so he sends people out to bring in more maids, i was one of the volunteers. You know that everyone here isn't a slave right? Some of us are here willingly for the betterment of our families. While i was here the king sent enough money for my father to open a Brewery of his own and now he's making enough money to marry and sustain 7 wives." Mina said, her tone drifting to something dark as she finishes.

"Why doesn't he try to buy you back?" Akia asked and Mina shrugged.
"I'm alright here. The king never ever finishes his food and that means every day for breakfast and dinner. We feast like an actual king. The king, he's pleasant he doesn't request companionship from us as much as the older maids said the rest of his family used to.

They said that his younger brothers used to get girls pregnant as much as they took baths. He doesn't even look at us much less indecently.

It was what I was most worried about coming to the palace, I never really feared keeping my virtue forever. I feared having it ripped from me. I've never been touched by anyone since I came here.

I live well and I see flowers like this everyday. I'm sure life could be better somewhere else, with freedom but I'm okay here."

Akia listened intently clipping flowers.
"You're so pretty Mina, if i was a nobleman I'd be all over you." Akia said and Mina blushed. Her usual pale Cheeks bright red.

"What in the sun goddess's good name are you doing?"

Akia turned around to see the queen, her long red hair was braided and tied on top of her head. She must've been heading to her bath.