Rachel and Mia's Chick Flick Club

“So has he messaged you back?” Mia asked in a worried tone.

“Yeah he has, like every other day for the last couple of days but just to see how I have been, nothing special,” I said as I scrolled down Luke and my messages absentmindedly.

“You were kind of forward, I guess,” Mia said.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I replied, taking offence to what she had said.

She paused, realizing that what she had said was blunt.  She usually speaks before she thinks which gets her in trouble, “I just mean that he might have wanted to make the moves first or maybe he didn’t see you like that.  I don’t know,”

“I guess so… but if I have ruined it at least I am his friend,” I replied, just trying to think logically.

“That’s true, and I mean how many girls have kissed Luke Brooks and have fallen asleep on him?” She laughed.

“Probably not many,” I laughed, “So The Notebook or Remember Me?” I asked her.

She stroked her chin in thought, “Remember me, I need a good cry.”

   I placed the DVD into the player and went to sit in bed next to her.  She had sprawled her legs out over my bed so I crawled up into a little ball and stroked Bear, my dog, who had curled up next to me.  My room was nice and cool from the air conditioning and my blinds prevented the hot sunrays to come into my room but I could tell it was still hot outside.  Mia had come over earlier this morning as we were supposed to go to the beach with the rest of the girls but they all bailed due to the heat wave.  So we decided to have a movie day with sad romances and chick flicks.  I pulled out my phone and posted a tweet quickly: Sad movie day and chick flicks with @Miaaa3423 chocolate and tissues come at me!

   I heard Mia’s phone buzz in her lap and she smiled at the tweet I posted.

“Retweeted bitch, so I look like I have friends,” She laughed at herself.  I heard my phone buzz from the retweet.

“Hey! Your Mum doesn’t count as a friend!” I said sarcastically.

“Nah but your Mum does,” She winked at me.  My usual message tone sounded and she looked at me surprised, “I wonder who that could be?”

I unlock the screen to see Luke had messaged me.

Luke: Thanks for the invite! x

“Its Luke,” I said, looking up at her nervously.

She gasped, “What does he want? What does he want?”

I laughed at her eagerness, “He wants to know why he wasn’t invited to, I’m guessing, our movie day,”

“Ah… because… I don’t know why… Why wasn’t he invited Rachel, why?” She elbows me in the ribs to encourage me to invite him. I simply laughed at her. I punch in a quick reply.

Rachel: Haha sorry didn’t know you liked chick flicks! :)

As quickly as I had sent that text he had replied. Mia looked at me, as I knew she hated my message tone.

“Okay, okay its going on silent,” I said, quickly turning the ringer volume down so that it was off.

“Good!” She grabbed a piece of chocolate and laid down on the bed with her phone in her hand.